Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2021, 09:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Lightbulb Micro Minnie 12v wiring question

I have a 2019 Micro Minnie. There are several 12v LED toggle-switch pancake lights that are hard wired into the electrical panel. One of the lights doesn’t work. I purchased a replacement light from JupiterLEDlighting.com, but the replacement also doesn’t work. All other electrical works like normal.

There is a small gap between the inside paneling and the roof of the trailer where the wires lay. There are two white wires attached to the (+) side of the pancake light, and one blue wire attached to the (-) side. I cannot tell if the two white wires are pig-tailed from somewhere else.

My question is whether it’s worth it to remove the paneling from the ceiling to try to troubleshoot it, or if there is another way that I haven’t considered.

Thank you,
MM
Minniemicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Kind of a shot in the dark as I do not know if it applies to trailers or only motorhome, but Winn does have a system of labels for wiring and it can give a clue when we use this chart:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

IF (big IF?) you find the code on wires as pictured, the chart should then give a clue as first column is "from" and second "to"?????

Two white wires to one side and white also on the other side might say it is an inline setup and the switch is not on those wires but that is lots of guessing. Led using so little power can let different wiring methods used than older lights which require much more power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire id.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	180263  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

You could always contact Winnebago Towables and ask for the related drawings (12V wiring). That might give you a better feel for what is going on there. You just need to provide your VIN when making the request.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

When you say to contact Winnebago Towables, is that an actual company, or is that just the general category? I did an internet search and didn’t see any obvious site.
Minniemicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Minniemicro, Here's the body of the email I sent to: [email protected] in April to receive my drawings. I looked at my 12 volt drawing, it did not show the wiring runs, only the wire gauge at each fixture.

**Items in red, insert your information**

Hello,

I own a 2016 2106DS Micro Minnie, VIN# (Your VIN Number)

I would like to request copies of the following construction diagrams if available.

Roadside Wall
Passenger Side Wall
Rear Wall
Front Wall
Roof Assembly
Floor Assembly
Floor Plan
12V Wiring
110 Wiring
Fresh Water System
Drainage System
Holding Tank Drainage System

Thank You,
Your Name
Address
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemicro View Post
When you say to contact Winnebago Towables, is that an actual company, or is that just the general category? I did an internet search and didn’t see any obvious site.
If you go to Winnebago.com and scroll down to the bottom, you’ll find a “contact us” link. There are contact numbers listed for both “Winnebago Motorized” and “Winnebago Towables.” Fred gave you a good email to use as well.

Winnebago Towables is a separate division (likely a separate company for legal purposes) that is responsible for the Winnebago branded trailers.

Edit - I looked at my 12V drawing and it isn't helpful. Even the listed wire gauges are wrong. Sorry about that. I was thinking of the 110V wiring diagram, which does show a few runs (but not real accurately).
Old 07-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Just rereading this question and a thought occurred to me!
Maybe totally dumb but I might ask about what history you have on this light. Did it work at one time and then go out?
What are the chances of the led power being reversed? Unlike incandescent lighting, LED is polarity sensitive, so if the bulb is inserted backwards, no light! And if it is possible to be backwards and a new bulb was also placed backwards, no good!

Any chance of simply flipping the wires around as a simple way to assure something really simple has not happened?

A meter to test for both battery and ground would be a good thing but lacking that, could you see a way to get battery power and ground to the light which does not work, just to cut the question of bulb failure as it is possible to chase ourselves forever if we get a replacement bulb which is also bad!! Any size, type, or gauge of wire run across the room from any spot to pick up power would do to test the bulbs.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring