Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
Micro Mini 2108TB

Angry Micro Mini 2108TB Back-up Camera

Hi Guys,
Well I took delivery of a 2020 used Micro Mini 2108TB one week ago. The previous owner installed a GPS back-up camera. He informed me that there was no wiring behind the factory installed mounting bracket so he ran the wiring from inside the coach (near the TV) along the roof to the BC 30 Garmin transmitter and down to the camera. Now I am surprised that there were no wires behind the mounting bracket, because the sales brochure states "Back-up Camera Prep". So my question is: Is it true that there is no wiring behind the factory installed mounting bracket? Regards, Senecio
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:10 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senecio View Post
So my question is: Is it true that there is no wiring behind the factory installed mounting bracket? Regards, Senecio
Yes, there should be wiring. Best thing to do is to get a ladder and check it for yourself.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

last month I installed a camera on our 2932RL 5th wheel. The trailer came from the factory with camera prep for Voyager brand cameras. I believe your 2108TB has the same setup. The cover plate Looks similar in the video I watched but I couldn't make out the white text on the black plate below the marker lights on the rear of the 2108. If it says Voyager, you should have what I had.

When i removed that plate (4 screws) I found a hole under it containing a 4 pin electrical connector. 1 pin was hot, one ground, 2 were empty. The hot pin is hot if the DC power is turned on in the trailer. It is not powered by marker lights. There was no video cable strung through the trailer, just power and ground.

As RocknRoll suggested, get a ladder and check.

I installed a haloview wireless camera. The version I ordered included the signal amplifier and long cable to allow the antenna to be mounted on the front of the trailer roof. The standard haloview kit comes with brackets and wiring to connect to a trailer with furrion camera prep. I had to buy a separate bracket to bolt to a voyager prepped trailer. I think the voyager cable came with the camera. I ordered direct from haloview. The voyager cable plugged right into the connector in the trailer.

The camera was well worth the money. It's so nice to be able to glance at the rear view mirror and see the traffic behind me rather than a white wall.
I have not tried to use it while backing though. I use the side mirrors and a spotter for that.
Tim_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Yes

I just installed this back up camera (link below) on my 2021 2108tb. Unscrew the "wifi camera ready" plaque and there is a prewired jack. I had to cut the jack off and manually wire to my camera (since off brand) and everything works perfect. Pro Tip - the power is coming from the exterior lights - so you MUST have your truck running or headlights on (and therefore the camper exterior running lights) for camera to have power.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DW368JG...roduct_details
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If there is a plastic voyager plate just below the rear running lights, there a four wire harness behind it. You can buy most any camera system, and wire it up to the red and black wires, the. Drill a hole through the plate to run the camera jig through. Make sure you get the camera working with the monitor before you mount the camera. Yakry is $150 on Amazon. Easy install and they will give you an extra camera if you request it. You must have the tv lights on, as the camera gets its power from the clearance lights wired through the 7 pin. Much more comfortable towing when you can see what’s behind you, and what’s in your mirror blind spots.

Tags
camera