Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Medium tone beeping

2020 Winnabago 24D
Arrived home after 3 hour trip and heard beeping at 30 second intervals. More audible above sink. It is not fire smoke gas detectors. Call Xantrex (inverter) and after they heard sound assured me it is not inverter. Battery level 12-13 volt and solar charger reads full.

Didn’t do it while on shore power over weekend camp out. BUT has sounded at home EITHER. plugged into 120 volt or not.

This is second time at home I have had issue. AGAIN IT US NOT FIRE SMOKE GAS DETECTORS. UNIT IS 3 months old. Sound is less audible in inverter compartment as it is inside at above sink.

Shutting down inverter doesn’t work but killing house battery kills beep.
DRIVING ME CRAZY
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

LA AGM or Lithium batteries?
If LiFePO4, might be something to do with them, as you say it stops when you disable them.
What is the exact resting voltage, from One Place and Solar Charger? Are they the same?

Also, disabling the coach batteries will also disable some of the items you are certain it isn't, but the beeping stops when you disable the batteries. Propane detector is low to ground on ours between the twin beds. I believe it's 12VDC, powered off coach batteries as is the CO detector(s).
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just taking a guess, have you look at the refrigerator. Maybe between power at the campground and had home is causing the frig to act strange. Maybe its not switching between the different cooling methods. Again just my 2 cents worth.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

When I did computer support for my employer, I always told employees to shut everything down and reboot. I've also found that works for newer RVs and cars. Turn off your house and chassis batteries. You should have master switches somewhere. Let it set for a minutes them turn it back on. You could also turn off systems one at a time at the breaker box. Just a suggestion. You can also call Winnebago customer support. They've been great for solving my issues. Have you Winnebago serial number in hand.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:43 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
Just taking a guess, have you look at the refrigerator. Maybe between power at the campground and had home is causing the frig to act strange. Maybe its not switching between the different cooling methods. Again just my 2 cents worth.
My first thoughts.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Fridge closed

We have a 24V and hear a medium tone beeping if the RV fridge door is not completely closed. We have to insure we press firmly and hear the door click shut to avoid the beeps. Yours may have come ajar on the ride home. Hope the fix is that easy😊
Schoolhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

My microwave beeps on occasion. Normally I haven't taken out what I cooked.
dhuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

MYSTERY SOLVED
Beeping was coming from awning wind sensor feature. Dealer replaced batteries and beeping gone. Called Winnabago tech support and provided some info but they seemed lit5le unsure. So I called Carefree Colorado whose awning it is and they confirmed battery
Win$ sensor which will work thru Bluetooth. You have to download app and then
supposedly awning lights and operation will work thru Bluetooth.
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Isn't it wonderful to be so fully protected that the alarms drive you crazy? When will they come out with an alarm for our brains being overheated by worry about the alarms?
I currently have a water heater at home which has shut down to an overheat alarm, which will of course require a three day wait while parts are shipped in as nobody carries repair parts for this!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Annoying 1 second beep every 30 seconds, losing my mind! Anyone know what it is

Through process of elimination, it’s not detectors, tried shutting down inverter, not refrigerator doors, not open doors, not slide alert, not wind sensors on awning! Does anyone know what it could possibly be? Brand new 2021 Winnebago View and ready to sell it, very frustrating! Sold a RoadTrek for this?
Jenark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

That awning sensor beep

Just happened on my brand new 2022. Spent 20 minutes trying to track down the beep. Thanks for this thread cuz it is spot on. Gonna pull the battery in the morning.
Paul2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

its the sensor on your awning. pull the battery or replace it.

hope this helps
Old 11-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #13
Site Team

Paul2000, we have no idea which Winnebago, model, year, floorplan or anything about what RV this pertains to. That would actually help a bunch.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Awning Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Paul2000, we have no idea which Winnebago, model, year, floorplan or anything about what RV this pertains to. That would actually help a bunch.
Apologies. Mine is a 2022 Travato 59GL. But know that this issue is not specific to any model year or trim level. It is on every Carefree awning with the auto retract feature.

The annoying beeping comes from the top of the awning but you don't need to do anything up there. The small module is located on the outer edge of the awning. Simply send the awning all the way out and you can probably reach it. Unscrew the (2) screws that hold the module on the plastic frame pieces. There are no wires. Then open up the module by removing the (4) small screws. There is a small PCB in there and (2) AAA batteries. Check the batteries; they are likely low. Mine were at 1.39V which is not enough to do their job. Replace the batteries. Reassemble the module and attach it back to the awning. Easy Peasy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_100933.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	181254   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_100927.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	181255  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_100921.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	445.6 KB
ID:	181256   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_100804.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	181257  

Old 06-26-2022, 07:59 PM   #15
JMc
Winnebago Watcher

I did exactly this on 2022 View 24D. Still beeping. Seems like mid is coming from awning near the front. Son says he can feel the beep in the plastic box (Not the sensor w/battery) at the end of the awning housing.
JMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #16
JMc
Winnebago Watcher

How are you "killing the house battery"? Disconnect? Didn't help me.
JMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:49 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

What fuse do you pull in the 2022 View 24d to remove power and this beeping from the awning?

I replaced the batteries with a couple different sets, but it is still beeping.

The 1-18 fuses don't mention awning anywhere. The manual has no detailed fuse info.
Splaktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 09:01 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbettyl View Post
MYSTERY SOLVED
Beeping was coming from awning wind sensor feature. Dealer replaced batteries and beeping gone. Called Winnabago tech support and provided some info but they seemed lit5le unsure. So I called Carefree Colorado whose awning it is and they confirmed battery
Win$ sensor which will work thru Bluetooth. You have to download app and then
supposedly awning lights and operation will work thru Bluetooth.
These forums are awesome. Beeping started last night. After hours of eliminating what it could be and trying to find out exactly where the beeping was from, I found this thread.

Problem solved, able to sleep without turning off house batteries.

I find it difficult to understand why the wind sensor doesn't run off the house batteries. Just seems dumb to put AAAbatteries in a box on an electric awning.
Airboss68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Understanding the design is tough to figure at times.
But looking at how the RV world is different than the auto world may lead in the right direction?
When we buy a car, many of the parts are either made by that company or made especially for them, so the two companies often work together on problems of design.
Ford parts made for Ford, Cadillac for cadillac?
Not so when things for Winnebago are made for them and twenty other brands of RV, down to stock trailers and lots of other mobile uses. Notice the awnings on food trucks? When we look at RV, many of the companies who make the parts are not part of any one specific builder like Winnebago but make parts for many different users like RV, boats, etc.

When Winnebago wants an awning, frig, water heater, etc., they go looking for where those are build and what might fit their use. The folks who build those items are also inclined to build their unit to meet the needs of the biggest and widest field of buyers.
So you have two different views of how things should work!

That leaves the folks who build Carefree awnings looking for ways to make an anwing to sell to the widest group of builders for RV, vans, mobile kitchens, Mobile dental offices sales shops, clear down to the guy using a broken down bread truck as a mobile kitchen!
Many of those users do not have 12 Volt DC built into their products but they might want a wind senser.
Solution to serve both buyers is to put it on batteries! It doesn't quite fit all buyers but close enough to keep them buying!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:07 PM   #20
RJN
Winnebago Watcher

30 second beep

2023 Winnebago View

The beep comes from the awning.
The batteries in the wind sensor were OK.
Turning off the camper power toggle switch (not the main disconnect) and turning it back on solved the problem.
RJN is offline   Reply With Quote