Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2022, 01:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Main TV, 2 Outlets, and back bedroom TV not working everything else is

I have a strange issue I cannot figure out. The front TV, two outlets in fron cabinets, and back bedroom TV is not working. Outside TV and all other power is working. Inverter appears to be working fine. This issue is with shore power and on generator. Cannot figure out why this is happening. All fuses are fine? Can't find the common link between these items to find out what the issue is.

2012 Winnebago Itasca Cambria
30 Ft
KKLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Two ways we can go on this, depending on how you feel about drawings?

If they make sense to you, this is the drawing for the 110 AC part of your RV:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_178475.pdf

I am not able to say for sure which outlets are/are not working, so maybe you can spot that better? If willing to take a look but not familiar with that idea, some hints may help or I can get a closer look if you can tell me which works or not?

Just like a paper road map, you can start at the breaker at the load center and follow the line for each breaker down to the outlets (rep is receptacle!) and somewhere along that path there is a hole in the road! Which road to follow is where I need your help to spot which ones are the problem!

When you get down and to the right a bit, there is a funny symbol which means there is an option and I "think" you will go up to follow the option 40B as you mentioned an inverter?

See if that makes sense and shout back if any questions?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I think you are okay from the load center to the inverter and the problem is pastthat point?
I did this snip and numbered them to make it easier for us to say which is/is not working, if we need to swap notes some more?

Click this snip for a better view or go direct to the drawings for the whole picture!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rec.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	184036  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

KKLaw, you mentioned that your inverter seems to be working but it looks like all the items that you mention come from the inverter. How did you test to see if it is ok?Sometimes there is a GFCI (ground fault) outlet on the inverter with a cable plugged into it. Check to see if that GFCI outlet has tripped. There should be a Test and a Reset button on the outlet. Your inverter may also have a built in transfer switch that is separate from your main transfer switch in the electrical compartment. That transfer switch may be bad. If you can find the model number of your inverter, we can look it up.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

no power tv

had the same problem on our 06 36 journey , and Morick suggested that i look for a C.B. back in the electrical bay , it's a stand alone, button push in type . controls power to tv when driving.
gabbyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

$$$$ tv circuit

$ 10 on GFI 110vac receptacle on inverter. If you are handy with electrical, replace that GFI receptacle with receptacle indicator light when tripped (no power out)
Retired FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I would pull out the receptacle for the bedroom TV and verify all the wires are connected. If they used the push in connections to the receptacles instead of the screwed down connections, that is the likely issue. I'm making the assumption that that receptacle is the first one in the string that is out.

Mike
eyecando is offline   Reply With Quote