Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Magnum ME-MR Remote - Internal Relay Fault

Hey all, Happy Easter....I just saw that our electrical remote control panel is showing “Fault ! - IntRelay”. Appears to be a fault with the internal transfer relay, not closing in charge mode, per the manual. It says to contact Magnum Tech Support, but they are not open today, not do I know if they are staffed on Monday due to the virus pandemic. Has anyone dealt with this issue? I unplugged the RV from shore power to let it rest till I can get this addressed.

Thanks, John
Old 04-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
Site Team

I’m not sure John but I think there is a reset switch somewhere on the inverter. I’ve just seen people mention it. Let us know what you find out. Magnum is good at Tech Support over the phone.

By the way, I replaced that Remote with the ME-ARC50 in my RV and you get a lot more control over both the inverter and the charger. It cost about $200 and was totally plug and play. The hardest part was cutting a larger hole for the remote to mount in. If you don’t want to cut your RV interior it even comes with a surface mount adapter, but then it sticks out 2” and I wanted to keep it flush mounted.

The new remote adds a lot of capability. You just unplug the old remote and plug in the new one. Bingo, you’re done.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Tried the soft reset on the inverter...did not resolve the issue - but thanks for the suggestion. After I did it, the main power center screen is off and won’t come on. I think it’s time to make a shop appointment.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vista View Post
Tried the soft reset on the inverter...did not resolve the issue - but thanks for the suggestion. After I did it, the main power center screen is off and won’t come on. I think it’s time to make a shop appointment.
Call Magnum first. They may be able to either give you a fix or send parts. Just about any shop will sit on it for weeks and then they'll just call Magnum. I doubt they'd do any better than you could on your own.

The biggest issue for me if mine were to go bad is that it's installed in a small compartment, hanging upside down from the ceiling and it weighs 50 lbs or more.

A couple of the bolts holding mine to the ceiling came loose and one whole side, the back side, sagged and only one bolt was still holding it to the ceiling. I had a small bottle jack and I put a board on it and jacked it back up into place and tightened all the bolts. But without the jack there is no way I could hold it in place and tighten the bolts.

Where is yours installed?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Site Team

Have you read the thread about this error code at the rv.net forum? It's a confusing 5 page thread. It starts getting helpful about 2/3rds of the way down on page 4. Here's a link to that point:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...3.cfm#28083453

Then finally one guy on page 5 of that thread suggest the following:

Quote:
Disconnect the 12 volt power cable TO the Inverter and have No 120 power to the RV for 10 minutes, then reconnect the 12 volt battery cable and reconnect 120 power. THAT resets the Inverter. Magnum will NOT know how your 120 power distribution is set up. ALL Magnum can do is help you verify that you have 120 to the Inverter and how to verify you have 120 coming out without inverting. IF you have a bad Inverter 120 transfer switch, resetting will not fix that. Doug
And the OP reported back that this worked.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Inverter is hung same as yours, upside down in a metal compartment. I’ll c all Magnum tomorrow - hopefully they are staffed, and will post the result here. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Ok....so I plugged in the RV to shore power this morning, turned the inverter/charger switch to on, and checked the remote panel....it was back to normal, into absorb phase on the charger. The green indicator is blinking as it should be for absorb. So, it seems that it somehow resolved itself....I’ll keep an eye on it and report in here if things change, just to close the loop. Thanks again. J
Old 04-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Summary - the issue repeated itself, so I called Magnum Tech support - very helpful. Found that we had DC power from batteries to inverter, but during the process, found that the nut on the negative cable to inverter was really loose...tightened that up, and the system seems to be working...it’s unplugged and running off the inverter to power the fridge. I’m going to let it run for a while and periodically check the remote reading...then will recharge the batteries to see how that works. If I can get thru an entire cycle I will say that this is fully resolved. A loose connection. Wow.