Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Loose Clearance Light Bulbs

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I came across a 2013 Vista 26 HE with 2,000 miles on it. It just sat around and was never used. Right now I am am in the middle of repairing any small issues in order to bring it back to “new condition”. I have several clearance lights above the windshield that I believe were all working. I drove the coach on a 550 mile run and when I returned home I noticed only two of my clearance lights were still illuminated. Being that I wasn’t 100% sure that the clearance lights were working in the first place, I planned on buying some new light bulbs. When I got the ladder set up, opened the clearance light covers and started to remove the pressure fit light bulb, the light bulb illuminated. I pushed the light bulb back in firmly and the light bulb went out. It seems that the light bulbs will only illuminate when the light bulb is pushed in about half way. If I pull them out any further or push them in all the way where they are suppose to be they go out. Also leaving them half way pushed in won’t work permanently because any bump will cause the bulbs to flash like Christmas lights. The bulbs are a pressure fit type. They do not screw in and out. They simply push in and pull out. The bulb is obviously not making good contact with the fixture contacts. My first two thoughts are trying to pry the contacts up slightly although I did not yet take a close enough look to see if this is possible. Next thought was to wrap the bulb contact with aluminum foil to fill the gap. I would really like a more legitimate fix if anyone knows of one. I am kind of hoping this in issue that is not unheard of and someone can use their own experience to help this new comer out. Thanks is advance.
Kicker3d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light