Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Looking for Wireless Steering Wheel Remote solution for MVH-200ex

After 2 years, I can't take it anymore. I am looking to learn if anyone knows of a tried and true solution to mount a wireless RF Steering Wheel Remote to connect some type of interface that will plug into the 3.5mm wired input plug on the back of the Pioneer MVH-200EX?

I called Pioneer today at three different times to get three different people and all they would say is they don't make the parts, see a dealer and of course Winnebago or my Dealer don't know what I should buy.

I went by a Car Toys yesterday, and I think they would help to install; but only solution they do is a wired unit that comes out of the steering column I really want on the steering wheel; so I need Wireless?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is this what you're looking for? Wireless Bluetooth Steering Wheel Remote...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Is this what you're looking for? Wireless Bluetooth Steering Wheel Remote...
Yes that is exactly what I was trying to buy originally, it seemed like it was the prefect solution, but try calling Pioneer about it They don't make, don't support, will not tell you anything about in the most covert way. When I pressed over and over they would only refer me to 3rd party dealers whose names were not known nor provided. They ultimately conceded saying that they could not provide a wireless solution for my radio despite the wired input on the back of the radio.

I did find me a solution after a few weeks. I will try to find the info and post a picture or two. What I got works great thus far. It was a little more involved than I thought; likely why Pioneer abandoned; but once understood it was relatively straightforward solution that did not cost too much.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-28-2021, 12:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

My solution....

It took some very careful research as Pioneer's Customer Service was 100% Useless despite my having their Pioneer MVH-200EX Radio Receiver

So I was basically on my own for a solution; I went with a PAC (who has excellent support) Interface Model SWI-RC-1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , and a gamble on a no name China made Steering Wheel Control wireless device with Analog output https://www.amazon.com/ALLOMN-Univer...d_bap_d_rp_7_i . Spent about $65 in parts. Went to a Car Toys with all of my parts and all my homework done. Showed them the dip settings, the wiring diagram, and the manual procedure to program the buttons for a Pioneer Radio, Bluetooth, Tracks, Radio and Phone. They charged me $100 + tax. The Tech walked me through everything and even wrapped existing wires (phone mic, and USB cable) neater than what it was from factory

I was so pleased, I tried to give the Tech $20 on the side; but apparently the bosses saw me, he would not take it, so I walk over to the boss and tried to give it to him asking that he make sure Name Not Disclosed was taken care of and he wouldn't take it either So I tell Name Not Disclosed that I needed to make sure that when playing music from the phone; the track up/down wireless button worked with it. So we go to the RV; he shows me and I shake his hand giving him the $20. First time I have shaken hands with someone without gloves on since Covid

So, ultimately it may have cost me $190 bucks, but this is a major resolution for me and a tremendous safety improvement. Incidentally, during the process I learned how the radio comes out; so in future I know how to get to it, but something tells me, as long as Name Not Disclosed is at Car Toys, he will take care of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210907_175006.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	180942  

Tags
steering