Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

looking for the power source for the house battery disconnect

I've not had house power for some time not that i need it, its in the driveway waiting for paper work. But i have to fix it sooner than later.

My research has been extensive. Usually intermingled with threads on the Aux power boost (starting boost) switch that works fine. I can hear the relay click in (I know the contacts may be bad but ...)

House battery's are just under 14v (if my meter is accurate).
Chassis battery the same.

I found the relays, tested the switch and determined that i don't have power to the relay. I'm thinking there is a fuse on this system somewhere but i cant find one.

The rocker switch switches the polarity of wires LG and LH to toggle the relay.

Ground comes from KF.

That means that the power (+) has to be KKF. In the book it says it is for the battery disconnect relay. Not much help there.

I did find a a note under one of the drawings of the solenoid that says

relay Battery disconnect
86273-01-000
screw
G50-04-126 (2)
Fuse 5 amp
62901-02-000

But this is as close to french as it can get. Other than the English part.

Could someone interpret this to tell me where the 5 amp fuse might be? Or if the last part isn't a location, tell me where the fuse might be?

I've also looked through the Ford Chassis book at the fuses. None of the listings sound like the disconnect relay.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Jim-

Here's a link to a manual for the battery disconnect relay.

You probably have tracked down the drawings already. In case you haven't:

Wiring Diagrams
Table of Contents
Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram

Looking at the relay, with the cap facing up, there is a 5A fuse on the left. This fuse supplies house battery power (on the input side of the relay) to wire "LJ." That wire goes to the battery disconnect switch, which sends the 12V back to the "I" (on lead "LG") or "S" (on wire "LH") terminals when thrown one direction or the other.

"KKF" is the output from the relay to the circuit breaker panel.

I apologize if I'm telling you things you already know.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

On my Vista the coach battery feeds a 5A fuse the protected side is wire LJ and goes to the Coach Battery Disconnect Switch, same deal nothing in the Winnebago drawings I can download and look at says where that fuse is. I think that is it is behind the panel with the circuit breakers AKA the Chassis Electrical Box back where the Battery Isolation Manager and the Chassis / Coach Battery Disconnect Solenoids and the Chassis Disconnect Lockout Relay are at.

I have never accessed that before I suggest you disconnect both Coach and Chassis Batteries and Disconnect from Shore Power just to be safe in case the DC bus bars on the back of the circuit breakers can get grounded to something when you remove the cover to the Chassis Electrical Box and pull it out so you can look at what's behind it.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Just Trying to Help

The fuse is mounted on the relay itself- on the black "ears. See photos:

RV Chassis Parts USED BATTERY DISCONNECT RELAY 01-00055-000 FOR SALE Chassis Electrical Components | RV SALVAGE PARTS & SERVICE PLUS RENTALS, AUTO SALES LONDON, KY, OH, TN, VA, TX, WV AND SURROUNDING AREAS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellitec-...-/192356635472

There are wire loops to connect one side of each fuse with its large battery post.

The Chassis Electrical Box Assembly drawing shows the relay lies behind the same panel as the circuit breakers.

Yes, de-energize as much as possible before removing the box cover.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:40 AM   #5
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Excellent. Thanks

I’ve been looking all over for the fuse. I was about to get into the contorted shape necessary to start pulling fuses from the drivers side fuse box.

Not too impressed with Winnebago locations for this relay panel or drivers side fuse box.

One big plus, always look for the good, is I’m really getting to learn the new RV. Better to have problems at home than away.

I’ll be getting to this today or tomorrow depending on the rain.

Thanks again I’ll keep you up to date.

Btw, I did print off a copy of the winnebagos manual. A bit daunting to figure out.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 PM   #6
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

I started a new thread

Hello

I started a new thread now that I have fixed my problem. I wanted to put in a better subject line that would come up while searching for this problem.

Here is a link to it. http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ml#post3814381

I think my problem was a burnt fuse. Or maybe the switch needed to be banged around a bit or there is/was a loose wire ...... I really dont know exactly what went wrong. I still dont know what burnt out the fuse and after replacing it the solenoid still didn't work until I jogged it by putting power and ground to pins 2 and 5. ???????

In any case it works. Thanks again for the two links that I really needed. The description of the solenoid and how it worked and the pictures of one with the fuse location.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

BTW, now ...

While working on this i did something that has stopped the stairs from working. I bet my fat butt did something to the magnetic switch. :(

I am definitely learning a lot about this coach.

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, power