Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Little Round Headlights

Our '08 Sightseer has the 2 little round headlights on each side. BTW: they are great! A huge amount of light comes out of these...on bright they light everything but regular is much better than most other lights.

Anyway, it looks as if the bulb is protected by a glass cover. One of ours got broke...probably by a stone. Has anyone taken one of these apart? I'm curious if the glass cover simply screws out?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Disregard: got this email from Lichtsinn (sp?):

The low beam headlight on the driver side (upper most), 146527-01-000, price is 105.05, it comes as a complete assembly only.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Not to question Lichtsinn as I know they are highly respected but that sounds fishy to me. Are you absolutely sure the bulb can't be replaced?

Most projector headlamps in cars take an H7 bulb. You might want to make sure its bulb can't be replaced before your order the entire assembly. That doesn't sound right to me that anytime a headlight burns out that you'd have to pay over a hundred dollars to replace it.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
Not to question Lichtsinn as I know they are highly respected but that sounds fishy to me. Are you absolutely sure the bulb can't be replaced?

Most projector headlamps in cars take an H7 bulb. You might want to make sure its bulb can't be replaced before your order the entire assembly. That doesn't sound right to me that anytime a headlight burns out that you'd have to pay over a hundred dollars to replace it.

I think that Belgique is saying that the COVER of one headlight is broken....rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Unfortunately the headlights take an H9 bulb, and yes, it appears that the whole assembly is sealed on my 2009 sightseer, making just a lens replacement impossible. The reflector and lens are bonded together.

Agree on the light output though...very good and well directed.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrstndgby View Post
I think that Belgique is saying that the COVER of one headlight is broken....rgr...
Yep, that's what I thought when I posted the question..the light works just like new, just the cover is broke. It looked like it was a screw in cover. Nope. One big unit. Watch those rocks!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Oh! sorry about that! I understand now.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgique View Post
Our '08 Sightseer has the 2 little round headlights on each side. BTW: they are great! A huge amount of light comes out of these...on bright they light everything but regular is much better than most other lights.

Anyway, it looks as if the bulb is protected by a glass cover. One of ours got broke...probably by a stone. Has anyone taken one of these apart? I'm curious if the glass cover simply screws out?

Belgique, another thought about your broken light cover.. There is a product called " DiamondShield", a clear film, that if I remember correctly advertises "its self" to protect finishes and objects from flying debris.. I'm in unfamiliar territory here, but I think that it would help to shield those $108 lights from damage. Whether you could acquire and apply it yourself, or get some "Franchisee" to do so, I don't know.. Just a thought...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote