Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Lightbulb listing

In my old 2008 and now my 2012 one noticable thing missing from an otherwise very complete set of owners manuals is a listing of light bulb specs. Maybe a note here will alert the company to this problem
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

RReam,

I couldn't agree more. I've found a few sporadic references to bulbs here/there but no definitive OEM listing. I have seen a few practical references to recommended bulb equivalent replacements that were helpful but only after I figured out which bulb I needed to begin with. Interesting the manufacturers don't seem to have a ready reference for this, somewhere.

v/r,
Kris
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I suspect the reason there is no such listing in the owner's manual is that in the plant there is a big box of assorted lamps.. Some of them take one bulb, some another, some a 10 watt "Landscape" type 2-pin bulb, Some a 1156, Some a blade type lamp, Some small, Some large, Some.. Who knows.

And as the coach is built just which lamp will be in just which socket is not yet known.. The precise lamp is chosen by the "hand me a _____ Lamp" method (Closet, cealing, wall, path, whatever)

The owner's manual, was printed last year, so it would have to be updated for each coach.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

When in doubt, I called Lichtsinn and they looked it up in the drawings, had the correct bulbs at a good price and I had them in two days.

They may be able to provide a list ??????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I suspect the reason there is no such listing in the owner's manual is that in the plant there is a big box of assorted lamps.. Some of them take one bulb, some another, some a 10 watt "Landscape" type 2-pin bulb, Some a 1156, Some a blade type lamp, Some small, Some large, Some.. Who knows.

And as the coach is built just which lamp will be in just which socket is not yet known.. The precise lamp is chosen by the "hand me a _____ Lamp" method (Closet, cealing, wall, path, whatever)

The owner's manual, was printed last year, so it would have to be updated for each coach.
I would guess the various light fixtures come from the vendor to the plant with the correct wattage bulb already installed in the fixture. It seems rather easy to remove a bulb and read what number the bulb is for getting a replacement.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
I would guess the various light fixtures come from the vendor to the plant with the correct wattage bulb already installed in the fixture. It seems rather easy to remove a bulb and read what number the bulb is for getting a replacement.
If that was true I would not have posted this.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
have you actually done this on ALL the bulbs in your coach or are you just suggesting someone else do it?
Maybe you could read the number on a puck light halogen bulb for us and post the number......thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My 2005 Fleetwood had a page (or 2) with all of the bulbs listed, my 2008 Winnebago doesn't. I wondered about this issue also.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I can find most, but not all, of my bulbs at the Winnebago site>>resources>>manuals & diagrams>>electrical group. It's wierd though, some are listed by number (12v.#921F), but others are listed by function (12v.Makeup-white). All outside bulbs are listed by number, but interior bulbs are hit and miss. Go figure. Whether your year will be listed, I'm not sure. Big pdf files. Hopefully someone else will provide more info.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

i downloaded the parts list on my journey. it has all the bulb listed on it. list even tells you every part Winnebago used, down to the feet of wires. it does not tell me what headlight bulb to use at all, i was told even on same models they might very
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

One thing that could be a neat result of our efforts here would be a practical real-world listing of best bulbs over oem spec for the standard fixtures we all have. For example, the pancake lights might all come with XXX bulb installed but from trying various alternatives, we've discovered that a YYY bulb runs cooler, lasts longer and wastes less juice. I've done a bit of that kind of work, myself, already and would be glad to share my results if the admins were willing to create a sticky for us to post and compile our results to.

v/r,
Kris
Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
If that was true I would not have posted this.
I made my own list and had no issues whatsoever removing the lamps.

Now they're slowly becoming LED's

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Gang,
Along with SCVJeff, I too have changed many of my interior and all of my compartment light bulbs to LEDs. While I don't want to sound to skeptical about looking at them and identifying what came out as opposed to what's going back in but, I did just what Zippo kind of suggested.

I took the bulbs out of the sockets, analyzed them, figured out what was needed in terms of an LED for each socket that was different from the last one I looked at and, ordered up what I needed. I'd never dealt with a "G-4" base before so, I had to learn about it and, how and what to look up in order to change those "Puck" light bulbs in the ceiling of the kitchen/living area and bed room.

I didn't know that there was/is such a listing in any Winne or Itasca parts catalog or list of what was included in the building of our coach so, I just looked at each bulb and figured out what I needed.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

And speaking of G4, those with the round puck looking light above the "One Place" center should look closely at them internally. Someone once claimed that the reflector was melted.. I haven't seen that but the plastic is usually burned beyond salvage.

Starlights makes 2 different LED's that go in there with the pins facing UP, instead of sideways and is way brighter than the Halogen that did all the damage.

I also found replacement fixtures over at Gamblers RV in Quartzsite for $6 ea.

Jeff - WA6EQU
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

For the swiveling puck light in the ceiling above the One Place monitor panel, I recently installed a 12 LED disk-type light to replace the 10W halogen G4 that came with the coach (which had burned out). I ordered a C12WWSpot from LED4RV.com and the customer service by Dan was very good. It puts out beautiful warm bright light that far exceeds the Halogen it replaced and the fixture is barely warm; I had to trim the two wire leads about ¼” to place the LED disk just above the lens. There is one small problem, though (nothing's prefect)—when this light is on, it creates some static background noise when the dash radio is on, and snow on the TV screen when we are hooked up to basic cable at our home parking spot. Haven’t been able to check it against broadcast digital as of yet.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Can anyone tell me where this Winnebago list is found online. I have found diagrams that list many parts, but I haven't seen one with all the bulbs. I want to convert to LEDs also. Thanks
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Dont know if there is one but you are way safer just making it yourself. All lamps except the aisle are extremely accessible.

Jeff - WA6EQU
Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Gang,
I didn't know that there was/is such a listing in any Winne or Itasca parts catalog or list of what was included in the building of our coach so, I just looked at each bulb and figured out what I needed.
Scott
Scott,

Not sure if you have found this already but if you go here Service Parts List you can get the specific parts for your coach, right down to the nuts and bolts and bulbs, along with the Winnie part numbers for each item. A very handy reference.

You'll need your model year and your Winnebago serial number of your coach (not the VIN) to get your list. Good for 2001-2012 model years. Pick your year and enter the last 5 digits of your serial number in the lower left corner where it ask for it and you'll get a web page that you can save from your browers.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
I made my own list and had no issues whatsoever removing the lamps.

Now they're slowly becoming LED's
I also made a list by taking each bulb out of it's socket and writing down the number. I then went the next step to get 1 or 2 spares of each type. Next time I think I'll skip step #2. In all the years and nearly 100,000 miles I think I've replaced about 6 bulbs. Those replaced include 2 lower beam headlights (we have the older sealed beams with daytime running lights), 2 halogen reading lamp bulbs, 1 instrument cluster bulb, and 1 backup light bulb. By the time we're through with this motorhome the spare bulbs will be so obsolete they can be sold as collectables or antiques.