Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2005, 01:08 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Just a thought guys.

We work-kamped at Voyager RV Resort in Tucson a couple of years ago. They have a lot of park models there. Every one comes with a 50 A power cord. When they are installed the cord is removed and hard wired to the pedestal. Thus they had a shed full of used, never used, 50 A power cords.

When I found the pile of cords in one of the maintance sheds, I asked if I could have one. They said to take what ever I wanted. I took one cord.

The moral to this story is, maybe in your area there is a pile of cords in a shed just waiting for you.

Jim
Old 07-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Great idea Jim. Plus I have to go to Voyager Tucson in a month or so to help a friend with cancer.

Where's this shed?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Find the maintance office. See if John Chase is still the boss there. A guy named Cleve was the one who knows everything about the park models. Ask either John or Cleve if he still has any take off 50a cords. They have been doing a lot of construction there, but they use shipping containers for storage of stuff thus they get moved around. They were in the one where they stored park model stuff.

I drove the propane truck there in winter of '01. If John is still there, he should remember me. Ask him if he remembers Jim and PJ that drove the propane trucks that year.

Good Luck, Jim