Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #61
Winnebago Master

I have heard of others stating a long wait to get the shops as well. The dealer actually said I could have brought it in today. But the Service Manager I work with is not back until Monday. Also, I have even more time to confirm what I already know that my OEM line was looking voltage, now with the fresh 12.6vdc supply it is working like a champ.

The dealer says they expect to get to it no later than 2 - 3 days from when I bring it in. They also say the boom they had been seeing appears to be over as the sales are drawing and they have fewer repairs for honeymooners.

I don't know if they do under warranty or now, this issues has been erratic since I bought new, but it has progressively got worse where I had to do something. It was not the motor, not the ground, not the switch, nor the 6 amp breaker Wire from breaker to switch is all that is left.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #62
Winnebago Master

Sometimes we CAN get lucky. Maybe you just had to sweat over it long enough to get some better luck going!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:04 AM   #63
Winnebago Master

Finally: Root Cause Identified

This issue has been random now for 2 years

When I finally got into a Winnebago Dealer they had it for a few months only to say they could NOT find the problem as the kwikee steps worked okay for them (so they say) So I had to pay $125 Diagnostic fee this time, whereas before they claimed to have looked at but never could see anything wrong.; So I left knowing I still had the problem. But of course Dealer say if I wished to bring it back they will check again but charge me to check it.

So I go to a none Winnebago Repair / Service shop who stated they would replace the ER wire from the Buss to the switch as that is where I was guessing the random short may have been. But that Dealer is 2 hrs away; so I thought I would give it one more crack given that I know my workaround wired direct from the battery to the Kwikee step switch works 100% of the time. So I get long wire and wired direct from the battery to the beginning of the ER wire direct at the 6 amps breaker on the other side of the coach. I let it sit overnight and problem still occurred (this was actually good news, because I was able to rule out the power source as a factor. So knowing there was break somewhere; I followed the ER wire inch by inch and found a large connector that the ER plugged into. There was 12.79vdc going in and 0vdc coming out I pulled the connector apart and saw the female pin recessed; so the connection was not good. The male pin also recessed easily as it seems to push the female pin back out of the connector a tad. I was able to force both pins back in and manually hold both while I tried to plug it back in and when it did plug... Presto the Kwikie step immediately extended working

I need to give it several days with steps extended to confirm they do not randomly retract. Even though it is working now; you can see where the wire is pushed back a little. I had made a mark with ink before plugging in to see how much it may push back. See the circled line.

Not sure what to do now. I reported this issue to Winnebago Ind 2 years ago. They always said I had to take to a Dealer. It has been looked at several times by a Winnebago dealer and they never could find the problem. They charged me last time; I now believe to make me go away. The issue all along has been a defective connection in that connector.

What would you do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20220501_075836_LI.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	182707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20220501_081351_LI.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	182708  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #64
Bill 37F

Thanks for posting the root cause. That makes the whole thread worth a gold star in troubleshooting and never giving up!
Adven2011w24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps