Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 11:30 PM   #1

King in Motion and Dish

Just bought a 2013 Meridian 42E that has the King Dome in motion. I'm intrigued with the in-motion system as we have a handicapped daughter in the back that may enjoy that, but also have the Travler/Hopper/Joey off our old rig that could be installed. Before invest in a 211 receiver and start a new RV contract, I welcome any input on how well the in-motion system works down the road. I understand there are limitations because it can only see one satellite at a time, but curious how well it performs.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

DW normally watches TV going down the road in bed room. She says it loses signal quite a bit. I think that's due to over head obstructions at times, or maybe the mechanism just can't keep up with the movement of the coach.

I'm interested to see what others say about this system and their experiences also.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:23 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yes they will loose signal at times. Your current Home boxes should work with the system, you should not have to buy another one. Just take one or two of the boxes from home when you travel and use them. Or you could do as I do because I have Comast at home. buy 2 of the 211 boxes and only pay for them when you are using them during the summer, that is why I have Dish vice Direct TV. Dish has Pay as you go and you only pay as you use it for that month.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I use Dish at home and in the coach. I pay $7 to add the receiver in the coach to my home account.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #5

I will have to go with the pay as you go. I have Hopper/Joeys at home and they won't work on the King dome, and I'm at 8 TVs at home already (2 Hoppers - 6 Joeys) so they refused to add the 211z receivers when I called last night.

If I don't like the "in-motion", I kept the Traveler SK-1000 with a hopper and 2 Joeys I own that are on a "Summer Cabin" account. Not as flexible as pay as you go, as I can only shut down and restart once a year and it costs $5 a month idle time, but at least they let me use the Hopper because they don't know it's in an RV.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
I will have to go with the pay as you go. I have Hopper/Joeys at home and they won't work on the King dome, and I'm at 8 TVs at home already (2 Hoppers - 6 Joeys) so they refused to add the 211z receivers when I called last night.

If I don't like the "in-motion", I kept the Traveler SK-1000 with a hopper and 2 Joeys I own that are on a "Summer Cabin" account. Not as flexible as pay as you go, as I can only shut down and restart once a year and it costs $5 a month idle time, but at least they let me use the Hopper because they don't know it's in an RV.
My friend, that is what I call being Serious about your TV!!!!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
My friend, that is what I call being Serious about your TV!!!!
Ya its kind of overboard at the house, but not sure exactly how else to do it. I'm actually wanting to add more to include the garage and patio, but....
Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have been wrestling with King up here in Canada.. Shop around, seems some of the fellas in Tech support are quite frustrated.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have a KVH R6 and it has worked without many problems. It does track well going down the road.

Tags
dish