Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Exclamation Junction Box and Switch Breaker

All,

I have a 2019 2108 FBS Micro Minnie, owned for only two months now (second owner). There is a junction box underneath that has a switch breaker where there are a lot of wires connecting. See photos below.

Every single time I tow the trailer, the little black switch breaker trips, popping out. Where ever I travel to, I have to crawl under and push that black switch in in order for electrical power to get to the trailer. Yes, the cut off dial in the storage compartment is "on". Other than this, that switch breaker in the junction box hasn't caused any further issues. Until now.

Yesterday I noticed that I did not have electrical power in the trailer, after having the trailer set up in my yard for a couple of days without moving. I crawled under and pushed in the black switch just for it to immediately pop back out. I did this several times and each time the switch tripped immediately after pushing it. This is a new issue.

Furthermore, when connecting the 110 line from my garage to my trailer, everything worked just fine until I turned the battery dial from off to on whilst the black switch was tripped! Once I did this the power cut out completely in the trailer until I turned the dial back to off, then the 110 took over again. Again, this was all occurring whilst that black switch was tripped because it would not stay pushed in.

I tried it today and the black switch stayed pushed in and allowed electrical power to the trailer for about five minutes, then when I was walking away I heard the "click" of the switch being tripped again, seemingly for no reason. At this point the 110 line was disconnected before pushing the switch in and remained disconnected as I walked away. No lights were turned on, so I have no idea why this little black switch is continuously tripping? I am at my wits end right now.

Is this a common problem for MM owners, or Winnebago owners in general? If so, could someone PLEASE suggest a resolution for me? I am getting so damn fed up with this problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210629_111718.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	179878

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210629_111734.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	179879
JFSadorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Honestly, it could be a problem with the 12V wiring protected by that breaker (and it's simply doing its job), but I'm suspicious the breaker itself is just faulty. I'd probably replace it and see if that solves the problem.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Backtrack,

Thanks for the response.

How would I go about replacing it? How and where would I go to get a new breaker? Are they specific to MMs, or would a breaker from Lowe's/Home Depot/Menard's work too? I would want to get one that is extremely durable so I ever have this issue again.
JFSadorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'd probably just disconnect the battery and shore power, take a "before" photo for reference later, then disconnect the wires to/from it and remove it. I expect you can find a direct replacement on Amazon and/or a hardware store once you decipher the markings on it. I don't know of a better option (maybe somebody else here does).

Note: Don’t forget to disconnect your solar panels if you have them as well.

Tags
switch