Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Itasca turn signal problem

I have an Itasca Sunova 36V 2012. My right back signal will not blink. The bulb appears to be okay. I have been reading about fuses and relays. Where would these be on my Motorhome. I have found the one fuse box up under the steering wheel, are there more?
The bulb does not look like it is blown?
All the wires look good, we have had the whole unit out.
Any suggestions?
Plus, this calls for a 1077F bulb, that even Winnebago Parts can't get for me????
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Sue
Idltime4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Check your right front bulb. Often, if it is burned out, the rear won't blink. Many are designed this way to tell you there is a problem with one of the bulbs.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Idltime4

Thank you, I will try that in the morning.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I checked and the front bulb is working?
Anymore ideas will be appreciated.
Sue
Old 03-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The bulb may look good but it could still be bad. Can you take an ohm reading across the terminals of the bulb? If no reading (it's open) then the bulb is bad. Of course if you have a meter, the other thing to do with the bulb out is to check for 12 volts at the socket.

Or if you don't have a meter or don't want to fool with this, i believe a 1034 bulb will replace the 1077. Stick a new one in and see if it works...
Old 03-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Just Trying to Help

The right turn/stop signal originates on the Ford turn signal switch on the steering column. It also goes to the trailer right turn relay. Put a tester on the right turn/stop pin on the hitch connector. If it blinks, then the problem is downstream of the turn signal switch.

The signal is pretty much a straight shot from there to the right turn/stop lamp on the coach. This means the cause is likely a broken ground wire or a missing 12V wire at the light. The wires can look good, but still be broken inside a splice or connector.

There is wiring between the front and the back, and a pair of connectors. A break in the wiring, or one of the connectors coming unlocked, could cause a single wire to not be connected. Pretty long shot, though.

Let us know the result of the test at the trailer hitch.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Simple test. If the left light is working, switch it to the right side and see if it works. If it does, the bulb is bad.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I am new to this site, but I would like to thank everyone for their responses!! We have checked all of the above, the light won't blink, and then when I wiggle it, it will start to blink and then when we turn it off and try it again it won't work.
I know it is a long shot, but we just ordered a new light kit from Winnebago. We are going to replace that and see what happens. We did switch out the bulbs from left to right and the left continued to work fine and the right didn't. We haven't tested the whip that goes to the tow vehicle, we will do that this morning. The new light will be here tomorrow, so I will let you know what happens. I do appreciate all the replies!!! Sue
Old 03-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Turn Signal Issue

We have found the issue. It was in the plug that plugs into the back of the light. The wire that is the blinking signal was broke away from the plug.
Thank you for all your help!!
Sue