Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Is There A Solar Kit for 2020 MM2108ds?

When we bought new 2108DS, I didn't really think about the pre wired for solar claim but expected an exterior input for my portable panel. No such luck. Pre wire is a set of maybe 12 AWG wire coming from connectors on roof to hole in front passenger side outside storage where another set of wires going to batter is located. Labeled 30 amp max. Trying to figure out how much solar panel I can put on the roof and how much that light wire can handle makes my head throb. Is there a kit someone makes for this application? There was one for the prewired rear view camera that made it simple. I know the dealer has but they want larger money that I thought reasonable. I can put the thing on and hook it up, just need to buy something already prepared.
woodsyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, 30-amp is a little over 400w of 12v solar panels. So that part is easy to figure. On some of WBGO’s other solar installs they’ve used 10-gauge wire. I don’t know on yours. I’d guess they used appropriate wiring for up to 30-amps but I don’t know that for a fact.

In your case you’d need to add between 300 and 400 watts of panels and a 30-amp charge controller.

Other components like battery monitoring, inverter and batteries are all ancillary items to figure out separately.

You can put that together, find a supplier to put that together or hire someone to design it, plan it, supply it and/or install it. You’re in control.

Running the wiring is something many struggle to do. At least that part is already handled for you.

Tags
solar