Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2022, 03:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inverter Location

I have a 2014 Vista and would like to know the inverter location. I'd also like to know where the Control Panel is located. I'm guessing I have a Control Panel since I have a 1000W inverter. At least that's what the Operator's Manual says I have.
lnee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Team

On my Winnebago, the inverter is in the passenger side basement compartment nearest the stairs. The control panel is the lowest control panel at OnePlace control center (where most of your control panels are located).
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Jon. I did take a picture of a Black Box located in the left corner of the compartment However, the picture I took identifies it as a Dual Motor Synchronous Velocity Slide Controller.

I have only done a visual and taken pictures of everything. I haven't removed any "panels" to see if something is located behind them as yet With the humidity here in Tennessee the temperature if around 93. lol So I'm not wanting to take a long plunge into rooting around.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sorry forgot this.

You also mentioned One Place Control Center. You got me there. Something I will have to investigate further. What fun. I can blame Martin from rvstreet whose Youtube videos have me going places where I thought I'd never venture.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

When needing info of this sort, there is an especially handy site for those having a post 2010 RV.
This site is an interactive one where we can do all inds of looking, turningthe RV over, around and even "looking through walls" to spot what we need. It also has a handy list att eht right to let us find it on the list,click that item (assuming we know the name!) and that highlights the item in yellow on the drawing!

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

However we are somewhat crippled in getting the info to the OP as they have not told us which of nine models of 2014 Vista they have????

This forum is something like a slot machine. How much you get out often depends on what you put in! If you only put in a dime, you often don't get much out of a quarter machine!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 06:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thank you again for assisting me. Turns out when looking at the rv skeleton view and seeing the size of the inverter box I re-examined ans found the slide out control has a wire Har ess that goes into a large black box. I believe this large box is where the converter is located since the slide outs operate on the converter if needed..

I confused by the Operator Manual which points out not to put anything near the converter as it can get hot. What the manual doesn't say is the inverter is .located in its own compactment
Old 08-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnee52 View Post
Thank you again for assisting me. Turns out when looking at the rv skeleton view and seeing the size of the inverter box I re-examined ans found the slide out control has a wire Har ess that goes into a large black box. I believe this large box is where the converter is located since the slide outs operate on the converter if needed..
Hold on there...the slide out control is powered by your chassis battery, not the converter and the wiring loom goes to the slide out controller that operates the slide out motors.

Since your converter is located in a hallway, under your fridge it's not at all likely you will store anything near it. So, don't worry about that warning. The same goes for your Inverter.

Your Operator's Manual clearly shows what your Inverter control panel looks like and mentions it's location. It also shows what your inverter looks like and also mentions where it's located

Here is a link to a PDF version of your Operator's Manual:
https://www.winnebago.com/Admin/Publ...13/13Vista.pdf

Here are the photos from your Operator's Manual of your inverter controller AND your inverter. Note the location info under each photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 11.15.05 AM.png
Views:	41
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	183763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 11.15.17 AM.png
Views:	78
Size:	573.1 KB
ID:	183764  

Old 08-10-2022, 11:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Which brings us back around to not being able to point out where and which compartment to look in because we still don't know what RV model you have!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much. I was chasing my tail but totally missed it inside below the AC control panel.

Now I'm on a quest to fine the various Sealants on the Call Out Sheet as well as any substitutes. This will be fun I'm sure
Old 08-10-2022, 01:57 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnee52 View Post
Now I'm on a quest to fine the various Sealants on the Call Out Sheet as well as any substitutes. This will be fun I'm sure
Amazon is your friend. Just don't stray to far away from the OEM sealants. The factory installed items on your roof were all installed with Silicone based sealants. If you use non-silicone alternatives the sealant won't stick to any residual sealant that's on your roof.

The roof radius joint is by far the most important thing to take care of. Have you seen the AZ EXPERT youtube channel's video on this?

Tags
cat, inverter