Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inverter error - 2017 Navion

I have a new to me 2017 Navion 24V. When the vehicle is unplugged from shore power, and the generator is off, I am getting an error when I turn on the inverter. After pressing the power button, the display will show the battery voltage for about 30 seconds, it flashes between "E05" and "OL." According to the manual, this is an overload error of some kind (manual does not state much more than that). There is no load on the system when I turn on the inverter, so I am a bit perplexed. Any info on where to start the troubleshooting process greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3775.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	169412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3776.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	169413  

ajbettencour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Verify the DC connections on the inverter and battery connection. If you are sure there is no load on the AC side then it could be a DC connection issue. You said when plugged in no issues. So i'm assuming the auto transfer switch is working and the outlets have been checked when on shore power.

Good luck but it might just be a bad inverter also.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

From the Xantrex manual:

The status light should be 'Green' if on shore/generator or "Yellow" indicating you are using the coach battery bank. Yours is 'Red' indicating a low voltage shut down to protect the battery bank.

It would appear to follow then, that E05 followed by OL = output load exceeds output limit. Or a short at the output load. Your battery bank is flat and the demand exceeds the available battery power.

Engine, generator and shore power off. Turn every thing off in the coach. Leave the Master Electrical switch "ON". Go to the One Place Panel, just above the inverter control pane. Punch up the battery voltage. You should see coach and chassis battery voltage.

Google a sealed, lead acid battery state of charge chart. Compare the readings to the chart. You will likely find that the coach batteries are below optimum state of charge.

NOTES: The engine alternator charges both chassis and coach batteries. Shore power & generator ONLY charges the coach batteries.

IRRC, (on a '14 View G), there are three 110V duplex plugs for the inverter. One by the entry door aside the counter; one near the floor by the slide out sofa (on the lav wall); and one in the bedroom (starboard side up near the reading lamp).

Sounds like you have too large a load plugged into one of those inverter outlets. Which by the way also work on shore or genny power.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter