Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2016, 05:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I'm thinking Winnebago may have it's own terminology. The circuit breaker marked "INVERTER" has a 6 ga wire running to the "converter" in the back-just like the wiring diagram shows. Or am I just confusing myself unnecessarily?
Old 08-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

FWIW you will see Inverter and Converter confused a lot around here. Part of that is what seems to be a common practice of using dual purpose combination units in the higher end models. Another common confusion is folks answering a question based on what they have when the poster with the question has an entirely different setup. An example would be a DP with 8 large house batteries pushing a large Inverter that would work for a few minutes at most with the typical one or two small house batteries in a C or travel trailer.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:08 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I've noticed that in some responses. I think I'm on the right track now, apparently the first owner had one put in with his dish set up then took it out when he sold it to us. We don't use or have a dish account, but do havd two crt tv's. So from what I gather if we were to dry camp an inverter would be necessary to run the crt tv's.Thanks again for all your help. Happy and Safe travel!!! John
Old 08-24-2016, 06:37 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmedia View Post
I've noticed that in some responses. I think I'm on the right track now, apparently the first owner had one put in with his dish set up then took it out when he sold it to us. We don't use or have a dish account, but do havd two crt tv's. So from what I gather if we were to dry camp an inverter would be necessary to run the crt tv's.Thanks again for all your help. Happy and Safe travel!!! John
Have you tried either of the TV's when disconnected from shore power and not running the generator? Our 2001 Adventurer had 2 CRT TV's as well. The main TV ran on 120 volt AC and required the inverter if not plugged in or running the generator. The TV in the bedroom ran on 12 volts DC. It could be used anytime.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

A CRT TV will very quickly use the stored energy in your batteries. I had a 9" CRT on a small inverter and it would drain a battery in under an hour. Newer flat screen TVs are much more energy efficient.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter