Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
KIX
Winnebago Master

Intellitec EMS HELP

The coach info is in the sig. The Intellitec EMS is a Powerline 2000 model.

I have been having problems with the A/C thermostat blowing fuses. So to try to isolate the problem I disconnected the #2 compressor from the EMS to see if the EMS was causing the problem. With the EMS disconnected the A/C works correctly. So, I think I have proven the problem is in the EMS. I feel pretty sure the problem is in the module that is in the 110 V panel. Can anyone verify my diagnosis?
Anyone ever changed one out?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Intellitec 800-251-2408 (they close early)
RVP 316-832-4357

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
KIX
Winnebago Master

Thanks Thudman. RVP is out of the "loop" on this problem. It's not with the A/C....it's with the EMS that sheds the #2 compressor load.
I called Intellitec for for Tech.Support and they directed me to an 800 # that charges by the minute for tech support. I thought I would try IRV2 before I open the wallet to ask a few questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Intellitec has the right to do that nonsense, but it's extraordinarily grating on the customer "good will" side of the house. I'm glad you called them instead of me, 'cuz I would have had some HARSH words for them.

I guess they changed their policy/ownership. When I previously called (a few years ago), they were friendly and very helpful. Progress!! (???)

Pls let us know what you find.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
KIX
Winnebago Master

The only thing I've found so far is ow to take the A/C our of the EMS system. The only problem with doing that is that if I am on 30 amp and draw more than 3o amps it will not shed the A/C load. I'm not sure if that inability can potentially cause some additional problems or not................yet.

Thanks for your responses. Hoping someone comes along that has some experience with the Intellitec Powerline 2000 module.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

My guess would be a bad relay #3. I would take the hi speed fan cables off of relay #4 and install the compressor wires you took off relay #3. If tstat works ok, then the compressor would still be shed.

I'm not sure how the relay could be affecting the tstat, unless it is grounded.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
My guess would be a bad relay #3. I would take the hi speed fan cables off of relay #4 and install the compressor wires you took off relay #3. If tstat works ok, then the compressor would still be shed.
That's a good idea Dancin'

I'm not sure how the relay could be affecting the tstat, unless it is grounded.
That's what I'm thinking...........Relay shorted to ground. I've never even looked at the EMS module so this is going to be an "experience". Thanks for the ideas.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

All the EMS does is switch the #2 compressor relay coil circuit, which is an output of the thermostat. Sounds like the EMS relay would have to be grounding to blow the thermostat fuse. For what it's worth..

2002 Itasca Horizon 32TD
Roadking52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking52 View Post
All the EMS does is switch the #2 compressor relay coil circuit, which is an output of the thermostat. Sounds like the EMS relay would have to be grounding to blow the thermostat fuse. For what it's worth..
Yep, that's what I'm thinking too. Right now I have the EMS wires off the PC board and the #2 relay and have jumped them to each other. That takes the EMS out of the "loop". Hopefully I'll get a chance to "open up" the EMS module in the next few days.

Thanks for your comments.