Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I need help verifying the NCC of a 2001-2003 Aventurer 35U

I have narrowed my research for a full-timing motor home down to 3 models, with the 2001/2002/2003 Adventurer 35U being strong contenders. Despite digging through brochures, googling till the cows came home, and searching this Forum I have not been able to find out what the net carrying capacity (defined below) is for the 2001-2003 Adventurer 35U... and I am unwilling to buy any motor home unless I know how much "stuff" I can haul around.

The net carrying capacity (NCC) is often posted on a label inside a cabinet or on the driver side of the cockpit. I would very much appreciate if someone with a 2001-2003 Adventurer 35U would check and let me know.

------------------------
Net Carrying Capacity (NCC) - Max weight allowed for occupants, belongings, food, fresh water, LP gas, tools, dealer installed accessories, the tonque weight of the towed vehicle, etc.
------------------------
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have the 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 35U which is the same vehical. I have the workhorse chassis GVWR is 20,700 Lbs unloaded vehicle with full fuel tank is 17,774 lbs so load carrying capacitity is 2926 lbs my coach has 19.5 tires and wheels if it had the 22 inch wheels carrying capacity would be higher.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheath View Post
I have narrowed my research for a full-timing motor home down to 3 models, with the 2001/2002/2003 Adventurer 35U being strong contenders. Despite digging through brochures, googling till the cows came home, and searching this Forum I have not been able to find out what the net carrying capacity (defined below) is for the 2001-2003 Adventurer 35U... and I am unwilling to buy any motor home unless I know how much "stuff" I can haul around.

The net carrying capacity (NCC) is often posted on a label inside a cabinet or on the driver side of the cockpit. I would very much appreciate if someone with a 2001-2003 Adventurer 35U would check and let me know.

------------------------
Net Carrying Capacity (NCC) - Max weight allowed for occupants, belongings, food, fresh water, LP gas, tools, dealer installed accessories, the tonque weight of the towed vehicle, etc.
------------------------
the ccc of my 01 winne 35u, 20,700 chassis with 19.5'' wheels is listed as 1424# on the placard in my closet. it shows 161# of added on items by winnebago.
there is no ncc listed.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

By 2001 I think they used CCC rather than NCC. If you don't have access to the factory sticker you will have to call Winnebago customer service with a VIN and ask them. Without a VIN they might be able to give you a general answer on the model number and year.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U on a Workhorse W22 Chassis with the Chevy 8.1 L Votec engine. Just bought it last month and, so far, very very happy with the chassis, layout and support of Winnebago and these forums. The info card on the drivers door and in the info packet list only the GVWR - 22,000 lbs and the individual axle ratings. I know there is a Winnebago data sheet in the closet but I am not close to the coach now so don't have that. If the coach you are considering has a Workhorse chassis, here is a Workhorse site that you can access to find out if it has any open recalls (campaigns) on it by VIN number.
My Motorhome
You have to sign up and get a password but it is well worth the minimal effort to do so because, with that vin, you can get a complete info printout of all the chassis specs, id numbers for main components and date of original sale and name of owner. I printed mine out and changed the name as the second owner so as to receive any future recall info. I consider the Workhorse chassis superior to the Ford because of the Allison transmission that is connected to it. I find the engine to be a decently quiet runner and very peppy. We searched for several months for this Adventurer after losing out on one very close to us - missed it by an hour. Main reason to stick with Winnebago products: They support their products to the nth degree and have survived the toughest days the industry has ever seen. Will be attending our first Grand National Rally in Forest City this July. Good luck in your search.
Bill N in Missouri
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
8.1L Vortec, Allison tranny
joanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) used for the model years you are looking at is somewhat coach specific. The largest chassis available at the time could only handle 20,500 lbs. So the options installed can greatly diminish the cargo you can carry.

Our 2001 Adventurer32V only weighed 16,800 lbs. from the factory. Given the chassis could carry 20,500 lbs. we had a CCC of 3,700 lbs. There is a sticker in wardrobe of each motorhome that lists the options it was ordered with, the total weight of the coach with those options, and the amount of gasoline, propane, fresh water, grey water, and black water it can hold. If the coach was ordered with a washer and dryer, double door refrigerator, lounge chair, dual pane windows, heat pumps, auxiliary automotive heater (Motoraid system), 50 amp power supply, and generator it will have significantly less carrying capacity than one ordered without those options.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
The CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) used for the model years you are looking at is somewhat coach specific. The largest chassis available at the time could only handle 20,500 lbs. So the options installed can greatly diminish the cargo you can carry.

Our 2001 Adventurer32V only weighed 16,800 lbs. from the factory. Given the chassis could carry 20,500 lbs. we had a CCC of 3,700 lbs. There is a sticker in wardrobe of each motorhome that lists the options it was ordered with, the total weight of the coach with those options, and the amount of gasoline, propane, fresh water, grey water, and black water it can hold. If the coach was ordered with a washer and dryer, double door refrigerator, lounge chair, dual pane windows, heat pumps, auxiliary automotive heater (Motoraid system), 50 amp power supply, and generator it will have significantly less carrying capacity than one ordered without those options.
According to the on line brochures both 2002 and 2003 show the W22 chassis as an option with a GVWR of 22,000 pounds.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post

Thank you for this. I do understand weights are coach-specific depending on installed options. However, it's been helpful for owners to tell me their coach-specific info'. Otherwise, I wouldn't know if the Adventurer / Suncruiser line are even possibilities for full-timing. Responses so far vary between 2900# and 3300#. We need at least 2800# so although the capacities are not hugely generous, they should be sufficient for our needs.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Just remember to allow 150 to 200 lbs per passenger and for the weight of any animals/pets. For my family with pets that comes over 1,000 lbs with the two large dogs, the cat and all the family members. Sometimes a few of our friends would come with us which could add another 400 or so lbs.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Just remember to allow 150 to 200 lbs per passenger and for the weight of any animals/pets. For my family with pets that comes over 1,000 lbs with the two large dogs, the cat and all the family members. Sometimes a few of our friends would come with us which could add another 400 or so lbs.
Thanks Neil... I use a spreadsheet to track items and weights. Once we're loaded with fuel, water, and "stuff" I'll weigh the coach to verify the actual weights (total, front, rear). We're two adults totaling 280 lbs, and will be full-timing with 130lbs worth of canines (2) and 10lbs worth or feline (1).
Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheath View Post
Thanks Neil... I use a spreadsheet to track items and weights. Once we're loaded with fuel, water, and "stuff" I'll weigh the coach to verify the actual weights (total, front, rear). We're two adults totaling 280 lbs, and will be full-timing with 130lbs worth of canines (2) and 10lbs worth or feline (1).
There are 4 of us and we are all about 6' tall and do volunteer relief construction work so none are really lightweights. You would be surprised how many folks forget to include themselves, passengers and pets in their weight calculations.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
There are 4 of us and we are all about 6' tall and do volunteer relief construction work so none are really lightweights. You would be surprised how many folks forget to include themselves, passengers and pets in their weight calculations.
Neil, are you with Southern Baptists, doing the volunteer work? We're very involved in the Red Cross and plan on becoming DOVES when we go full time.

Tags
35u, adventurer, cargo capacity, need help