Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2021, 12:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I Need An Infotainment System SD Card, circa 2012

I desperately need a 2012 SD Card (XS90105, XS90106, or basic V1.0, V1.1 or V1.2) to restart my Infotainment System. RiverPark, Winnebago, Xite Solutions all cannot or will not help me to get the SD Card for 2012. They just say they don't support 2012 anymore!

I'm begging for an Owner out there to loan me theirs so I can restart mine (I have apparently lost my original one). Once you allow me to use yours to get mine up and running, I can make a backup and create my own. I will then return yours immediately after and include a gratuity for your assistance.

2013 and later ones will not work in 2012 units. Only part numbers(XS90105, XS90106, or basic V1.0, V1.1 or V1.2) will work in 2012 XSG2NA heads.

Please help.
Bigfeather2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Here’s a problem with that. The SD card carries a license that is keyed to the individual serial number of the system’s core unit. They are not movable to another unit. If they were anyone could copy the SD card’s contents and sell them online.

In fact, when copying your own SD card you must make a disc image of the original to preserve the license info.

What you are looking for has been attempted before and unfortunately it does not work.

Replacing the infotainment system with either another newer Xite system or abandoning it altogether and buying another system that fits your Dash/system both appear to cost about the same and from others that have done this it’s about $1000 OUCH.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

River Park Techie gave me the part number info I listed. Nothing from them says it's coded to specific serial number. Naviextras Support also has pointed me to instructions for setting up a blank SD Card to then use it to download and update the navigation data I purchased with the Infotainment System in the first place. I'm on hiatus for a while and not with my coach so I have to wait until I return to give it a shot. As the owner in possession of the XSG2NA, the license is in the ownership of the device itself, not in the SD Card. You may have been told the SD Cards are unit specific, but that's been debunked in the info/guidance I've been given by reliable sources.
Bigfeather2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #4
Site Team

I suggest you contact Riverpark and ask the specifically about using a copy of another unit’s SD card. It’s been reported a number of times on other RV forums that this is the not possible.

Here is word for word copy from your Owners Manual.

Quote:
If you have purchased your navigation SD Card please do not misplace it. This card also contains a unique license and registration required to operate your navigation. You will need to purchase another license and SD card if you lose it.
When purchasing a new card from Riverpark they require that you provide them the serial number of your Xite system and they then add the software key for that system on the card they send you.

The infotainment system does not carry the Xite system and RAND navigation the SD card does. Nor does the radio carry your license, the SD card does.

You may not be aware, but Rand McNally has dropped RV navigation and has not updated Xite system maps and routing for 2-years. Xite has moved to NavNGo navigation and those of us with Xite systems cannot upgrade to the new system, we are expected to purchase entirely new equipment.

Many other RVs have used Xite systems over the years including both Newmar and Entegra.

A number of owners have replaced the Xite system in their RV. Your best bet may be to find a used System/Core unit, depending on the system you have.

Here is a very large thread on replacing the Xite system on irv2.com:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/i-a...io-423439.html
Old 09-26-2021, 08:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When I replaced the Xcite unit in our 2016 View with one from Kenwood I kept the SD card and offered it up on this forum.
A member was interested in the card so I mailed it to him and he reported back that it wouldn't work... for the reasons stated by Creativepart.

BTW, Very happy with the Kenwood RV model unit.
Just my experience.

Regards, Mike
Seymour2Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:19 PM   #6
rvjimbo

I replaced my Xcite unit from a 2016 Winnebago View this past summer with an Alpine unit. I will offer my old unit for $50, you pay for shipping.

rvjimbo 2016 ViewG. Victor, NY
rvjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hey there Bigfeather. I have an infotainment unit from a 2011 Journey that I had to replace due to the back up camera would not work. I kept the old unit so it may have the same sd card that you need. I am on the road right now but I can check it when I get home on Friday. Let me know what you think.
Mike
mikemakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I replaced my RiverPark unit with a Kenwood DNX775RVS and i still have the head unit with a new sd card. I replaced it because the system wasn't working, so the head unit may be defective, but you can have it, along with the sd card, when I get it removed next week. I also have the screen unit if you would like that as well. No cost.
Bob
2019 Navion
Skylake is offline   Reply With Quote