Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2023, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I need 12NP20HR inverter for 2010 Journey

Hi, I have a 2010 Journey and the inverter went out last summer. Sensata recommended the 12NP20HR. This has been difficult to find. My unit went out in June last year and I really need to get it going. Does anyone know where it is available? Thank you for any help. I have been on the forums reading before, but this is the first that I have registered and posted.
cjanicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Team

I have no idea why Magnum would say that’s the model you need but all you would seem to need is a 2000w pure sine wave inverter/charger and that should be easy to find.

A 2010 Journey would typically have a Dimensions MSW 2000w inverter/charger. These seem to fail on the charger side after 10-15 years. Sensata purchased Magnum Dimensions a number of years ago and ended all support for the older Dimensions products.

The typical replacement is the Magnum MS2012 inverter. These are widely available and for much less cost than the model you’ve been looking for.

But you don’t have to stick with Mangum inverters at all. You could just as easily switch to a Xantrex brand or Victron brand inverter/charger.

I suggest you check with one of the major inverter online retailers for better advice than what Sensata is providing. Do a Google search for Magnum inverters and you’ll find many inverter sellers that can match you up to the various options that are right for your RV.

If the charger has failed and that is making this an immediate need, buy a separate battery charger to keep your house batteries charged while you solve this issue.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. It was last summer when I was looking for the replacement and I don’t remember all the specs, but it seems like the NP series did a couple extra things. I have considered going with something else, but they recommended this so I have been hoping to get it.

A side note, my old dimension unit was working fine until my wife and I both thought the other one unplugged the power cord. When the sparks quit, the inverter had also.
cjanicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanicke View Post
Thanks for the reply. It was last summer when I was looking for the replacement and I don’t remember all the specs, but it seems like the NP series did a couple extra things. I have considered going with something else, but they recommended this so I have been hoping to get it.

A side note, my old dimension unit was working fine until my wife and I both thought the other one unplugged the power cord. When the sparks quit, the inverter had also.
Try these folks: https://www.donrowe.com/Power-Inverters-s/1814.htm
They will answer all of your questions. Inverters are not magic boxes. They are pure sine wave (best option) or modified sine wave (very dirty power). For your needs a Magnum inverter would do the trick. One nice feature of the Magnum inverter is the ability to supplement your 120V power from the batteries when on 30A service. You also have the option of adjusting the amount of shore current used by the inverter. When on a generator you can reduce the inverter usage load to give more power to your household appliances.

Tags
inverter, journey