Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

ok guys, youve got me hooked, so dont leave me hanging. can someone tell me what to hook up and which cabinet do i hook it up in. thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Okay, I cannot do the picture but let me try to explain. I expect you have the multi switch video selector box in your motor home. You need to get to the back of it and remove the "cable in" line. This will then be connected to the single side of the diplexer. On the cable or TV output of the diplexer you would connect this back to the switch box to cable in. You should now have cable as you did before as you have simply inserted the diplexer into your original cable line.

The sat line on the diplexer needs to go to your sat reciever as the "sat in connection" on the reciever. If you have the dish plate with two connections (in and out)which is part of the roof mounted dish prep in you motor home then you can feed your sat reciever out signel (Ch3 or 4)thru this plate and you will then select sat on your switch box to view sat.

There are various ways to connect all this together. I would not use the ant. connection on the reciever as you have a switch box in you MH and this will do a better job for you.

Should you feel you have questions you can do it with a PM if you wish or ask on line. I am happy to help you get this together.

Happy Viewing

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

thanks a whole lot arkaussie. i think i got it. i will buy 2 diplexers and give it a try. if i need to i will pm you. jdsr