Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How is this thing wired

Hi I have a 2006 Itasca Horizon and was looking at breaker panel and 1 was labeled Dishwasher Fireplace as I have neither I shut it off (it's a 20 amp) and saw the control panel showed it was on 30 amp.and everything that was working on 50 amp was still going on 30 amp. So what does this extra 20 amp do is there more wall plugs somewhere I can use ?????
rogerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just a guess, but sometimes your control panel gets info from a certain breaker, and that may be the breaker for your model.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Are you plugged into 30 amp or 50 amp shore power. The EMS should show which one you're plugged into whether that breaker is on or off, it looks at the input. Everything that works on 50 amp should also work on 30 amp unless you have something that requires 240 volts, like a clothes dryer. When on 30 amp the EMS will manage the loads and selectively cut power to different appliances if you attempt to over load the supply. At least that's how the system is supposed to work.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlee View Post
Hi I have a 2006 Itasca Horizon and was looking at breaker panel and 1 was labeled Dishwasher Fireplace as I have neither I shut it off (it's a 20 amp) and saw the control panel showed it was on 30 amp.and everything that was working on 50 amp was still going on 30 amp. So what does this extra 20 amp do is there more wall plugs somewhere I can use ?????
You need to leave that breaker on for the EMS to properly distinguish between 30A and 50A service.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #5
Just Trying to Help

rogerlee-

Winnebago provides online wiring diagrams:

Wiring Diagrams

for a 2006 Itasca Horizon 36RD, the diagram set is here:

2006 Vectra/Horizon S36RD Wiring Diagram Book

Your coach may not be a 36RD; use the correct set from the first link above.

The specific drawing in that set for the 120V, including the EMS, is here:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_153938.pdf

You see there that the dishwasher receptacle is connected to the "LINE2" input for the EMS. As Chris Beierl has said, that breaker must be on in order for the EMS to show "50A" in the display.

[Addendum: I may be incorrect, but it appears as if the LINE1 input comes from the first 15A breaker on the inverter subpanel, which feeds the central vacuum. Just guessing, though. You could test by turning off that breaker and seeing if the EMS display shows "30A" on loss of the LINE1 input.]
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Wiring

I have a 2005 Horizon, same issue so I purchased a 110v receptical tester from Harbor Freight for $5 and turned all the breakers off, then turned them back on one at a time and noted what was connected to each, printed out a floor plan from the brochure and marked the recepticals on it, also noted the frigerator, microwave etc.. we’re correctly labeled, my dishwasher circuit runs my Garboge disposal receptical under the sink, I don’t have a garbage disposal.

It did help me from blowing circuits when the wife has the curling iron and blowdryer going.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote