Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

House Lights

Our 2010 Aspect 28B interior lights are extremely dim and I don't particularly care for the yellowish color. Has anyone changed these older incandescent bulbs for brighter LED bulbs? I can't imagine they aren't available yet...

JD
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We switched all of our lights to LED fro those reasons and found it quite easy. So what shape is the base? We found ours to be wedge base and I went to E-bay for the best pricing at the time.
Are you up on the way bulbs are rated for color (how red or blue?) in Kelvin? 3200 is kind of what you often get with the older bulb and can beclose in LED but if you want "natural white" 5000 and for a really bright white which my wife calls almost blue 6500 K is what I like, but that gets into personal preference!
This is one we like for places where the light only needs to go one way like a ceiling fixture.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-Super-B...sAAOSwzH5bRbTO
But we did do some playing around with different bulbs to find what we liked and found the spares work well in garden lighting on 12 VAC! Cheap enough to feel we could try a few to find what we wanted.
Lots of options, though.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes, I'm well versed in the Kelvin color spectrum. Thanks. I guess I need to figure out how many fixtures I have on the ceiling, and more importantly, how to remove the fixture covers to determine what light base they use (screw in, bayonet, push in, etc.). Appreciate the input... :-)
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Those we have are a simple snap in type and we squeeze them along the sides to pop out but they tend to stick!
Once we got past what type base, the brightness is related to the number and size of LED used to make up each array. The led size is stated as tow sets of number like 3550 or 50 which gives the length and width so the 5050 gives more light than the smaller 3550, etc. and then even more important is how they shine in any direction, one way or cob style and how many of each. We found none that were 12VDc which did not work as a direct replacement but very important to know that if they are not marked for polarity and don't burn, ----turn them over!
Good luck to you, they made a great improvement for us.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights