Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

House Batteries Replacement

I have a 2010 WB Aspect 28B that needs house batteries. The manual states only using NAPA FLA batteries, but I think battery technology has changed a bit since the manual was published. I know there's FLA, OGM and Lithium for choices. I'm told I have to change out the converter if I buy lithium, but I'm reading the converter will eventually ruin the new lithium batteries if you leave it connected to shore power too much.
I like the maintenance free aspect of the AGM batteries but I read somewhere you need to switch your converter from FLA to AGM. My converter doesn't have that switch.
Does this limit me to just using replacement FLA batteries? What will happen to AGM batteries if I use my current converter? I'm currently looking at two of these batteries - https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc.../sli31dtmagmdc. Any input would be appreciated...

JD
JDHarrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, batteries, house batteries, replace, replacement