Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Morich.....OMG...thanks so much for the information. Sorry I didn't get back sooner...things have been a bit busy here in Key West. So what I've read, I'm almost certain that's what my problem is. I don't have the tools or space to do what I need to do. I have a pretty good repair facility here in Key West that has been good with working on the RV. So I had to turn to them on this one. So far, according to them, they are having to replace a lot of wires. Mentioned that a short has fried a few things. I mentioned to them about the latching relay so hope that is also looked at. I will give an update once finished on what the final results were on the repair. So many crazy things could go wrong, so hopefully this is the fix that may help anyone else should they come up with the same type of issues. What you provided was awesome. So thank you!! You're a wealth of knowledge!!
Old 08-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Hope it helps to understand what we all need to know with these beasts we drive! Different post, winding up looking at the same relay:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3870938
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Wow...good information to know. It's amazing just how different each one can be with their setup. Guess if they made them all the same in set up and location, it wouldn't allow us to have these vast discussions and get to know everyone. LOL. Thanks a million for your wealth of knowledge.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwfkwf View Post
Thanks Morich....the model I h ave is the Itasca Sunova 35J (35ft with Bunks). Sure don't make these issues easy do they.
I'm not certain how to help you with the information you have provided. Take a look at these diagrams:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_159727.pdf
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_157187.pdf
Hope this helps.
Rick Y
Old 08-23-2020, 06:50 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I can see where you are having a problem with your RV battery power. I had a problem like this on my 2005 winnebago. I had no battery power anywhere. But I had good batteries. I found that the problem was with the coach battery ground. It was on the chassis and close to the batteries. It was corroded and rusty. I removed all the wires and cleaned them, plus the terminal post. Everything worked fine after that. I don't want you to think I was questioning your ability. Ground problems are hard to find. Wishing you good luck.
69skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

I had this same issue two weeks ago. It turns out for me, I blew a 175 amp/32 volt fuse. I picked up one from auto zone and in 5 minutes, I was back in business. It was connected to my house batteries.
RWindcrusier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for all your help and useful knowledge. This has been such a helpful experience. Since I was unable to isolate the problem, I contacted a repair shop here in Key West. I've had great experience with them....especially when it came to fixing the dash A/C that 7 other repair facilities couldn't fix. And a few of them I took the rig back after two days when they said it was repaired when it wasn't. I digressed...sorry.

So I explained my issue, what I had did to try to isolate the issue and left it to them. What they found was a lot of corrosion on wires to where the wires had to be replaced. They had it repaired in two days, to include getting the parts, did one heck of a job cleaning up the battery storage area, showed me the lines that had to be replaced and now it works like it's suppose to be. Appreciate everyone's support and guidance. And thanks for all the attachments which I have put in my library of repair goodies for future use. Be safe and healthy everyone!

Tags
batteries, house batteries, power, switch