Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi All - I got a CB for the rig - just to have - probably wont use it, but regardless it will be there if all else fails. Question is, I have a Journey and it has the CB antenna already wired and mounted. Under the dash, I found the antenna plug in a plastic bag but that is it. There was no positive/negative wires to hook power up. I was poking about for a litle bit under the dash and found a few things.

One of interest was a yellow and white wire pair - I tested them and they are live wires. They were bare and resting on the carpet - so I immediately put caps on them. (Great Job to Suncoast RV!!!!)

Are these my power wires? Should I use one, then ground the CB wire to a screw into metal? Or is there a dedicated power wire for the CB?

These yellow wires LOOKS LIKE they were used for something by previous owners and it was un-installed. I was a bit put off to see live wires bare so when I install the CB I will go over the rest of the wires to ensure things are capped off/taped up.

I just need to know what wire(s) I should be using for the CD power. The winne wiring diagrams were a bit unclear.

Thanks guys and gals - and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! We're off the day after Christmas in our rig for a tour down in south florida (visiting family) then north florida (visiting the other family).
flashajt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi All - I got a CB for the rig - just to have - probably wont use it, but regardless it will be there if all else fails. Question is, I have a Journey and it has the CB antenna already wired and mounted. Under the dash, I found the antenna plug in a plastic bag but that is it. There was no positive/negative wires to hook power up. I was poking about for a litle bit under the dash and found a few things.

One of interest was a yellow and white wire pair - I tested them and they are live wires. They were bare and resting on the carpet - so I immediately put caps on them. (Great Job to Suncoast RV!!!!)

Are these my power wires? Should I use one, then ground the CB wire to a screw into metal? Or is there a dedicated power wire for the CB?

These yellow wires LOOKS LIKE they were used for something by previous owners and it was un-installed. I was a bit put off to see live wires bare so when I install the CB I will go over the rest of the wires to ensure things are capped off/taped up.

I just need to know what wire(s) I should be using for the CD power. The winne wiring diagrams were a bit unclear.

Thanks guys and gals - and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! We're off the day after Christmas in our rig for a tour down in south florida (visiting family) then north florida (visiting the other family).
Old 12-23-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Flash: We have an 01 Journey freightliner wiring under dash (yellow wire hot) (white wire ground). Hope this helps. Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I think you answered my question. The yellow and white wires that were "bare" were probably from the previous owners CB. Thanks Ron!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Your welcome Flash. Have a merry Christman and a Happy New Year. We are also leaving for Florida the day after x-mas Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi All I installed a CB in our Bounder. Glass Body. Should my base plate for the antenna be grounded? I think I get out aprox. 1 mile but I should be able to do better I think. Back in the 70's I had a Royce that would reach out 5-6 miles. My new Colbra is not the same.
Ron
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Flash: Somewhere on those wires it should be labeled "CB". It's surprising that you found the bag and no power though... They are usually zip-tied together within the bag.

I'm heading over to look under my dash sor something else right now and will take note of the wiring. Gimme a few hours.

Also you might look in the wiring diagrams since I believe they call out wire color.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

UPDATE:
Yup, dems da ones. They should be paired up coming out of a piece of 1/4" Slit-Wrap on the left side of the dash.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote