Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-16-2021, 05:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

High pitch noise - 2022 2529RG

Just picked up our 2022 2529RG two days ago.. I have it hooked up to 110 at home. Wife heard a high pitch noise coming from under the frig area. Unplugged the 110 and it stopped. Is this the DC converter? We have solar and 12 V frig.

Thanks for any help
Nasepres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Team

That is where the converter lives, so it sounds like that could be the noise. Though I’d be concerned about what’s causing that. The converter is also charging your battery as soon as you plugged in the TT. So, perhaps your battery was very depleted and the converter was working hard.

Was the sound very loud?
Old 10-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My wife says it is to her, I cannot hear it all as my hearing is very bad and I cannot hear any high pitch noises. We are about to leave for a one night shake down so she will let me know if it continues. The batteries show fully charged, just not sure why it started this.
Nasepres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasepres View Post
The batteries show fully charged, just not sure why it started this.
I don't know your level of experience with judging battery state of charge in an RV - so I don't want to jump to conclusions. But to judge a battery's state of charge with voltage requires special attention to key details. Are you aware of these?
Old 10-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Some converters have a cooling fan so it could be the bearings on that fan. One thing to note is that on some converters those cooling fans do not run continuously. The fan may only come on when the converter is working extra hard and starting to heat up. This may happen if it is trying to supply 12V DC to your camper and high-current charge the batteries at the same time. There might be a circuit breaker or fuse that you could pull to disable the converter while plugged into 110V AC shore power.

Just to make sure it is not the fridge, you can turn that off while plugged into 110V AC shore power.

You can also turn off other circuit breakers one at a time to possibly isolate the source of the noise.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Yes it is. I would assume it has and access cover. Remove it and look around. See what this location gives you access to. On mine I can get to the tub drain. Nice to check these things out before you have a problem.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Be mindful that on a multi-mode refrigerator (12/120/Gas) there will be a slight high pitched hum coming from the electric heating element on the refrigerator when running on 120 Volts AC. If it goes away when you turn the refrigerator completely off then that is just the normal sound made by the refrigerator when running on electric. On a thermo-cell refrigerator there will be a high pitched hum from the fan while the 12 volt compressor style will also make some noise. The 120 to 12 volt converter/charger will also have some fan noise especially when on high charge topping off the batteries as the fan will speed up at high charge and then be turned down to perhaps completely off while maintaining charge.

Tags
noise