Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-04-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Help with Xantrex xm1000 inverter

2018 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
Built-in Xantrex 1000 watt, modified sine wave output will not power up the installed GFCI outlet and downstream outlets in galley and head.
Reset on outlet will not hold in. Changed this GFCI outlet out...no difference.
Meanwhile inverter does power tv's, outlet by front tv, etc.
I cannot locate the inverter to see if 15amp breaker needs reset (just serves gfci outlet?)
Getting little long in the tooth to do much crawling around looking! Any help appreciated. Jim W.
jswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 09:35 PM   #2
Site Team

It appears your inverter is in the rear most basement compartment on the passenger side of the RV.

Here is a link to that part of your RV on the 3D parts list:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2018/324747.htm

Here's a screen shot... I've circled the inverter in red:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 10.33.56 PM.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	181237  
Old 11-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had this inverter installed on my 2018 Navion before upgrading to a 2000 watt model. There is a small button type circuit breaker located on the side of the inverter near the front. It may be tripped. Not sure if this is the circuit breaker that you are referring to or if you are talking about the 15 amp breaker that feeds the inverter from the main breaker panel.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks much, guys.
Found inverter in back pass side compartment, as you said. Who would of thought they would want to run the 12 battery cables that far? Reset 15 amp breaker on the inverter.
Still cannot get power to the gfci outlets.
Thanks again.
jswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

May be some doubt as to inverter and GFCI as the same problem as they are shown as two differnt feeds. Are you looking at the GFCI under/near the frig as resetting?

This would seem to be the drawing for one of the builds for that RV , so maybe take a look at what is dead and then look for which leg of the power is in trouble?

Maybe look for a triangle with 1 in it to spot the GFCI circuit on the drawings? Two different versions of the 110 AC so compare what you have with what is on either drawing to get the correct one!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I am a little confused by your initial post where you say "Meanwhile inverter does power tv's, outlet by front tv, etc.". I don't understand how your TV outlet still works when this outlet is downstream of the GFCI on the inverter. These outlets should not be working if the GFCI will not reset. Do any of the outlets downstream work when the inverter is turned off? If there are powered outlets with the inverter turned off and the outlets are powered by shore power, but no powered outlets when the inverter is turned on, then there may be an issue with the automatic transfer switch inside the inverter.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
May be some doubt as to inverter and GFCI as the same problem as they are shown as two differnt feeds. Are you looking at the GFCI under/near the frig as resetting?

This would seem to be the drawing for one of the builds for that RV , so maybe take a look at what is dead and then look for which leg of the power is in trouble?

Maybe look for a triangle with 1 in it to spot the GFCI circuit on the drawings? Two different versions of the 110 AC so compare what you have with what is on either drawing to get the correct one!
Sorry, I had meant to include the link:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000214938.pdf
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #8
CO Sunova Owner

i had same issue. there is a gfci right on the front of the gfci if you can get it it. it needs to be reset by you.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 02:38 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

As navnaz said, I believe it's likely the GFCI located on the end of the unit. If your is anything like mine, it's mounted up against the compartment wall and very difficult to see the outlet, much less, reset it.

This problem happened to me several times and I ended up just replacing the GFCI with a standard outlet. No problems since then.
I'll try to find a pic or two to attach.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210708_090520 (2).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	181295   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210718_073555_LI (2).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	181296  

Old 11-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I like to cut the confusion by looking at the stuff that really matters. It can get like being in a room with lots of people and trying to watch a ball game!
I have to cut out the noise so I can get the score!
So maybe take a look at these drawings and spot which build of your model and year by counting the breakers?

Click these to get as better view to come up!

Then once finding which drawing, 6 or 10 breakers, can you look at this snip and spot which options you may have for various smaller parts?

I couldn't get enough space to do it all on one snip but drawing A connects to the 6 breaker and B to the 10 breaker.
Can you spot which items are not working and which drawings?

These are kind of like a road map and if we can spot exactly where the power stops and where it still works, we can spot the hole in the road but we need to know which road we are on!!

What can get into real questions is that there are some which are not fully either drawing shown, so if you can't find one small item, just know that life is not perfect and these are part of that deal!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6brek.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	181322   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 brekr.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	181323  

Name:	21R copy.jpg