Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2023, 12:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Help me bypass my TS-30 TRANSFER SWITCH

2019 Micro minnie 2108DS

I want to bypass my Go Power! TS-30 transfer switch. It is connected to the DIY solar setup installed by the previous owner and is now malfunctioning when I turn on our air conditioner when plugged into our campsite.

I currently have no power and have traced it back to the transfer switch. The inverter connected to the solar hasn't even worked since I purchased 8 months ago anyways.

How do I bypass the ts-30 transfer switch?

Thanks in advance.
Yeshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since this seems to most often be a DIY project, there is no real way to depend on how it will be wired.
So as the simple idea, you want to find the cord from shore power and tie it to the wires going to the RV load center. That leaves the inverter and any other "stuff" hung on to be cut out of the circuit!

But when you get beyond the basics and HOW to best do the trick, it depends on what they did on the install and that opens up a whole different ballgame!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you

Thanks so much for the response, working on disconnecting the transfer switch now. Will follow up soon!
Old 04-10-2023, 02:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Hey Morich, I was able to resolve the issue! Appreciate all your help ��
Old 04-10-2023, 02:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Heh! The best thing to have is a bit of luck! That combined with sweat will often get it done!

Good deal!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch, transfer switch