Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Based on the flow charts and the tech support from RVP I ordered a PC board. What goes wrong with the board that causes it to fail. Maybe I can repair my board to keep as a spare. Thank you KIX and Tom those links educated me enough to hopefully solve this. When I get the board swapped I will post the result.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #22
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger351 View Post
Based on the flow charts and the tech support from RVP I ordered a PC board. What goes wrong with the board that causes it to fail. Maybe I can repair my board to keep as a spare. Thank you KIX and Tom those links educated me enough to hopefully solve this. When I get the board swapped I will post the result.
You can carefully inspect the old board and maybe find something repairable on it. I never had any luck but hear that others have.
Glad you got it diagnosed and almost repaired
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanger351 View Post
You have probably learned this by now, but the board you receive is an "updated" board that requires extensive rewireing in the electrical compartment. Follow the instructions carefully and double check the routing of each wire before powering the unit up. Best of luck.

2002 Itasca Horizon 32TD
Roadking52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

It is up and running, though I do not think the t-stat is reading the right temp. The new board does need a lot of rewiring. The instructions are for the most part very easy to follow. However I did pull the ac unit for no reason because one step said that if a smaller gauge wire than 16 was used than remove it. Well mine was the size of a straw, about 10 gauge, and had a fuse in line. I called tech support and they said remove it and use the smaller gauge wire connected next to it. I pulled the ac unit and guess what. No 16 gauge wire. I plugged in the 10 gauge unit and it ran. I did lube the blower fans while I was in there.

Thanks for all the help

Tags
thermostat