Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Heater control valve

Can someone point me in the direction as to where I can find a replacement heater control valve? 2003 35-Itasca suncruiser W-22-8.1 Its vacuum operated not the electric one.thanks- John
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Moving this thread to the Winnie Owners Forum...only the on-engine parts are provided by the chassis maker.

The in cab heater controls will be from a third party supplier like Evans/Tempcon.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif[/SIGPIC]
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

pattcook, here is a link to the Winnebago Outdoor store with the valve and another to Comfort Air.
Victory SCS 034-00014 Water Valve - 2 Port, Black : Heating and Air Conditioning
Water Valve (VCS) 034-00014 -
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Go to Oemy's web site - RV chassis parts and you will see a part number for W chassis for your heater control valve. You can purchase it at any parts store.
jimnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I may be wrong but the valve on Oemy,s website looks to be the electric controlled one.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

pattcook, part number 74612 is a vacuum valve and looks like you can get it at most auto supply stores.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have finally determined that I have a vacuum leak at the ac-heater- def- vent switch on the dash. For the life of me I can,t figure how that switch comes off. I can,t find any screws or bolts and it appears to be pressed into the dash. Has anyone had to replace this switch and if so how did you get it off? thanks- John
Old 05-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

A/C control switch on my 2003 sunflyer is a Motorcraft (ford) part # YH-1489 rockauto $23.69 I pulled the knob off and 2 press nuts on plastic studs on the back side. If I remember correctly been a few years
426smartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

OK I found the two press nuts but they release the vacuum lines from the switch. Trying to figure how the switch comes out from the dash. When I remove the knob I can see 2 small square studs that are pressed thru the dash panel. From the picture of the switch it looks like there is an attatchment bolt hole. Thanks for the part #.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

looks like one Phillips screw in upper corner and tabs on other side---I used a stubby and mirror
Old 05-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

thanks for that
Old 05-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Ok so I changed out the switch. quite a job. I think I dropped that little screw about 20 times. Same thing though the valve stays open. Another question. How does the temp control switch figure into this? I don,t quite understand when the heater control valve opens by vacuum it opens all the way then how does the temp control work? Again I hook a new control valve up to the existing vacuum line and it won,t close either. The vacuum appears good as it opens all the vents, dash to floor, dash air etc.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

pattcook, have you seen this tip sheet from Winnebago?

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...g%20&%20AC.pdf
Old 05-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I had to replace the blue and the green vac lines ---very small cracks hard to see-- replaced with vac line that slid over the existing line I cut it at the fire wall and ran it to each valve ---I think it was 1/8 "ID
Old 05-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

The blue and green vacuum lines are the ones in question for me. we verified they were good by jumpering from the manifold vaccum directly to the blue and green tubes with a little piece of sprinkler tubing. The heater control valve opened and closed correctly. this eliminated the control valve and the tubes. When the manifold is connected back up to the switch is where i,m having the loss of vacuum. The new switch seems to be leaking internally like the old one. The manifold is making good contact but when the switch is turned to max ac or off ( the two positions that close the heater control valve) vacuum loss can be heard and felt coming from the switch itself. Hard to imagine the new switch is bad also but I,m at a loss at this point unless it really is the switch.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:01 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Unhappy 2022 Vista 29 Heater Control valve breakage 185752-01-000

I've had a few quality issues with my new Winnebago Vista 29. Mostly small stuff that I fixed myself. This latest one had me on the side of the road with an overheated engine.
One of the 3 fittings on the heater control valve 185752-01-000 came loose, leaking out the engine coolant. The leak was at face level when I opened the hood. I'm glad I found it before the fitting completely broke and spray scalding hot coolant.
The valve is made by Comfort Air (185752-01-000). The valve is made of plastic and the three port fittings are pressed in place with no other retainers. I see a replacement is listed on Amazon and other sites.
Fortunately, I survived the 60's and many roadside repairs. I bypassed the valve using the tee fitting at the valve's output and capping off the hose from the heater core by using an extra hitch pin clamped inside the hose. I filled the coolant system with water and finished my trip with no issues. It was warm and I didn't need the heater.
The root of this problem is a bad design at Winnebago. There is no strain relief on the hoses going to the heater control valve. The weight of the coolant and the road vibration puts excessive strain on these fittings.
To all, Please, take a look at your heater hoses and add strain reliefs using cable ties or some other method. Now, I'm out $250 + for a heater control valve.
ggingalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater