Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Headlight switch replacement

Hope some one can help me. I have a 2000 adventure 35u on ford 550 super duty chassis. I had the dash up working on a vacuum problem and the dash fell down and the head light switch fell out. I need to replace the switch but cannot figure out how to get the rest of the switch assembly out of the dash. Ford tells me Winnebago installed the switch and Winnebago tells me Ford installed the switch. I have called dealer ships and looked at u tube and I have not yet received any help. It appears there should be some kind of tabs holding it in but I cannot find any. Any help would be appreciated. I would purchase a book if I knew that repair procedure was in it.Thanks again
pastordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This thread may help.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Tim Thanks for the reply. I saw that thread and it is similar but not like mine. The switch in our MH is all one piece including the bezel (or face plate). Its the face plate that I cannot get off and I don't want to damage the dash if I can possible help it. Thanks if you or any one else can help I will surely appreciate it.
pastordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

According to Advance Auto that switch is a Ford Part that came with the F53 Chassis and is the same part #P3031678745MTR for the 1999 through 2001 F53 Motor Home Chassis. Some parts for the F550 and other Superduties may fit however its best to refer to it as its actual designation which is an F53 Stripped Chassis.

If you do not have this exact switch it is possible that a previous owner changed it out with another switch that was not an exact replacement for the original Ford part.

The picture of the back of the switch assembly in the parts listing on Advance Auto Parts appears to show a plastic tab on the bottom left of the picture that has to be released from behind in order to remove the switch body

Almost $200 for a replacement:
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...adlight+switch

Winnebago technically fed the Ford provided switch through the hole in the Winnebago dash panel and snapped it into place like the heater control and instrument cluster however those like the steering wheel came with the F53 Chassis.

Tags
ace, light, replace, replacement, switch