Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HDMI inputs for living room

I have a 2015 Sightseer 35G with two HDMI, one three jack and one coax input for the living room TV. Both HDMI connectors have been damaged and are disconnected.

Testing the DVD player, the over air antenna and the satellite feeds, all are functional and the over air and DVD input seems to be Hi-Def. Can anyone tell me where the two HDMI inputs are coming from?

It does appear that one is coming from the DVD player but I can't find the feed component for the second one.

Thanks,
Mike
Divide Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Take a look at the TV/DD Wiring Installation diagram for your rig to see if that can answer your questions.

Here's the diagram if your 2015 Sightseer 35G Serial Number begins with 10D78T1:
TV/DVD Wiring Installation

Here's the diagram if your 2015 Sightseer 35G Serial Number begins with 10D78T2: TV/DVD Wiring Installation

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks,
Mike
Divide Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Ok...finally! Someone. I just bought my 2018 Vista 28.5' and found the HDMI TV1 input cable connector in the overhead door compartment crushed from having been caught in the hinge when the cabinet was closed. Also crushed the IR dots (those are easy to replace though). Man! I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this because the dealer takes weeeks to work on a vehicle even though it is new and warranty work. Have spent much time talking to the Customer service guys and they are trying to help but virtually useless with hands-on knowlege in this wiring bit. I can see the cable snaking into the roof liner to the front of the cabinet but I really need help in knowing where they are taking it from there because it needs to then go toward the salon dinette main wall where the TV is. Don't know if it comes back over the ceiling in the foam or does it go down wall at some point and back along chassis and up into the dinette wall. Anyone?
I have begun developing al alternate to the HDMI by using a wireless HDMI unit xmtr and Rcvr set. It just may work and will share that later. But I really needmore who have this same issue...HELP! George.
GHPOULSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

HDMI labeled TV1 is actually to the Main TV to take the DVD signal from the DVD. YOumay also have a three color wire instead being used from the switch box. Wish I had that three wire already installed, could use that as an alternate to the TV.

HDMI labeled TV2 in mine goes to the Satelite antennae hookup and is lying up in the roof area where antenna would be mounted is my understanding.
GHPOULSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Vista 27PE

I think you are asking where the HDMI cable goes from the overhead compartment? In our 2018 Vista 27PE the HDMI cables go to a junction point under the bottom drawer below the wardrobe closet before they go out to the TV's. Slide out the bottom drawer and see if the HDMI cable connections are there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Winnebago27PE.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	169489
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote