Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hazard Lights Don't Work

Hello,
I have a 2002 Winnebago Adventure 32U (Workhorse) that has an issue with the hazards lights not working. So I have read the previous threads on this subject and check fuses and relays with no luck in correcting the issue.
Currently, the turn signals function properly, when I engage the hazard lights it kills the turn signals and nothing happens. I turned the turn signal on and found the relay behind the kick plate on the left side of the brake pedal. The relay was a Wagner 552. I went ahead and replaced the relay with a heavy duty one. I found an additional Wagner 552 relay under the control console on the left-hand side it comes off a wire harness that is tied into the head/parking light controls (see pic). I am assuming this is for the hazards? I went ahead and replaced it as well but still no luck. If I take off the relay everything still functions headlights, parking, dash lights. I don't know what else this relay would control? I also check and replaced the 20 amp STOP/HAZ fuse in the fuse box located in the engine compartment.
I'm currently thinking that maybe the switch itself is bad. Any suggestions for possible fuses or relays to check? Also, even the hazard/flasher relay was bad wouldn't the lights still come on and just not flash? Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	172817  
TX 6-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Newer vehicles have an almost unlimited number of relays, so no good info on which one you have there. Warning lights, seat belts. light on, etc. are some I think of.
But for the issue, I can go somewhat with your thinking on the flasher relay sticking or not making contact and how it might act, so I might go with the idea that the switch may not be "bad" as we might think of it, not making contact. One point on that is that it DOES kill the turn signal, so something is making in the switch?
My move might be to try pulling the switch to make sure there are not two wires making contact on the back of the switch or, even worse, something along the wiring, shorting the process out as the switch is thrown. Not all shorts in wiring do blow fuses. Would be handy if they did but they don't always do it.
Afraid this one may take some pretty good wiring diagrams and I find those hard to get. Part of the vehicle, not the coach wiring.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hey TX 6-PACK

Did you ever resolve the issues? I seem to be running into the same thing

Hazards Off:
No Turn Signals
Brake lights ok

Hazards On:
No hazards but turn signals work
No brake lights

Also having issues with clearance and tail lights. All this after going from 127F in the dessert to 10,000 feet in the Rockies. Then hit a bump a lost instrument panel lights.
GreCo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights