Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-31-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hard Solar Panel Install on Rubber Roof

I’d like to put two hard solar panels on my 2108ds rubber roof. However, I don’t want to screw the mounts into the roof. Has anybody installed hard panels on a rubber roof using vhb tape and velabond? I was thinking the risk of the rubber roof detaching from substructure could be reduced or eliminated by fairing in the leading edge of the panels with angle stock and velabond. Should I drop this idea and just resolve to using screws?
Old 10-31-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I don't think there is much if any risk to using screws if they are seaked rught, and it is a whole lot safer. I have seen rubber roofs peel off without a solar panel, so it can happen with one.

David

Tags
install, panel, roof, solar, solar panel