Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Group 31 Batteries in a View

I am trying to install Group 31 batteries in my 2017 View. While Group 31s will fit in the battery compartment, the battery tray has a lip that is sized for Group 27 batteries. Looks like the tray will have to be modified.

Has anyone installed Group 31s in a View? what mods did you have to make?
Old 09-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Found my answer .
Old 10-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have confirmed that Group 31 batteries will fit in the View battery compartment.

Rather than grind away the end tabs that fit the puny group 24 batteries on the tray bottom, I inserted a 2x6 that levels everything out leaving plenty of vertical room for the batteries. I had to remove the fuse and mounting screws from the inner sidewall and temporarily push the battery cables out the bottom to get the batteries in With my grandson's help, we inserted the first battery to the rear and lifted it up on the ledge. Then we inserted the other battery while lifting the inner end of the first battery, and it slipped right in. Finally we moved the rear battery off the ledge. Together the batteries are a perfect fit between the ledges on each end.

The old plus to plus and minus to minus cable are too shore, and I am orderin a new longer set from Battery Cables USA.

The batteries I installed are VMAX Tank SLR125 12Volts, 125AH Deep Cycle, Solar AGMs.

Tags
batteries, view