Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

After six months my house batteries started using a lot of water. I was filling them every week instead of just monthly. I asked the dealer to check them and $220 later they told me they were bad but it was my fault and they were sure NAPA would not replace them. So, I pulled them out and took them to a local NAPA store. They charged and tested them and (finally) said they were all bad. They said they had to use the delivery date on the batteries which was three months prior to my purchase date. But instead of the typical prorates calculation they said they wouldbe fully covered at 100% during the fist 12 months. So, I walked out with three brand new batteries. WB 0 has been using NAPA for fist over a year and I can certainly say this was a good change. when I re-install them I am going to include a battery fill to make the filling easier. I thought you all might he interested.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

After six months my house batteries started using a lot of water. I was filling them every week instead of just monthly. I asked the dealer to check them and $220 later they told me they were bad but it was my fault and they were sure NAPA would not replace them. So, I pulled them out and took them to a local NAPA store. They charged and tested them and (finally) said they were all bad. They said they had to use the delivery date on the batteries which was three months prior to my purchase date. But instead of the typical prorates calculation they said they wouldbe fully covered at 100% during the fist 12 months. So, I walked out with three brand new batteries. WB 0 has been using NAPA for fist over a year and I can certainly say this was a good change. when I re-install them I am going to include a battery fill to make the filling easier. I thought you all might he interested.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Dennis: Thanks for the report, good to see someone stand behind their product. Hope you have many good years with the Vectra and the 50 Amp Chic.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago & NAPA - That's an interesting choice because NAPA is a retailer and reseller of other's products.

Keep a close eye on your battery water with the new batteries. I had a similar experience with the Dimensions charger and house batteries when our coach was new. I solved the issue by throwing lots of money at the problem: Xantrex RS2000 and three new Lifeline AGM batteries.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Dennis:

NAPA is a good company and most battery manufacturers will provide full replacement within the first year.

I second what John suggested. It might be prudent to check your charging system to ensure it is not cooking your batteries.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I second checking the Dimensions charging setting. There was a recent report here of someone else whose Dimensions unit appeared to have been set incorrectly at the factory.

Seems like maybe checking this should go on the PDI list.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:17 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the advice. I will check the Dimensions unit as soon as I get the RV back from my IM and very very last warranty item at Freightliner. I'm so excited that after 9 months I have finally got everything working perfect. Must be time to trade it in.