Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #1

Oh please folks, have patience with us! ...another stupid question.

Is the only place that shows the generator hours on the One Place panel?

We don't see any gauge on the genset itself. And we do see a reading for "generator hours" on the Freightliner information center but it continuously reads zero.

If the One Place panel is the only place to read the hours, is it the figure to the far right on the display where it is labeled "1/10"? What is the "hourglass-looking" figure that blinks on the left side of the display? What is that signifying?

If that display is correct, we have 36 hours logged on that display. Our coach is 8 months old. Should be have the 50 hour initial service done (oil and filter change) while we are having the initial chassis service done or wait until our M1 service at one year? If so, the genset will probably have a bit over 50 hours logged.

Thanks. (someday, I swear we will stop asking such irritating rookie questions!)
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #2

Oh please folks, have patience with us! ...another stupid question.

Is the only place that shows the generator hours on the One Place panel?

We don't see any gauge on the genset itself. And we do see a reading for "generator hours" on the Freightliner information center but it continuously reads zero.

If the One Place panel is the only place to read the hours, is it the figure to the far right on the display where it is labeled "1/10"? What is the "hourglass-looking" figure that blinks on the left side of the display? What is that signifying?

If that display is correct, we have 36 hours logged on that display. Our coach is 8 months old. Should be have the 50 hour initial service done (oil and filter change) while we are having the initial chassis service done or wait until our M1 service at one year? If so, the genset will probably have a bit over 50 hours logged.

Thanks. (someday, I swear we will stop asking such irritating rookie questions!)
Old 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Amanda -- I had my 50 hour genset service done at 34 hours. Better to have it done sooner than later.

I have been researching the Freightliner Information Center system (as you have seen on prior posts), and yes, there is an indicator there for genset hours. Mine also shows '0'. The manual states, however, to read the hours the genset must be 'on'. I have not done this, so I don't know if it works.

The hour glass simply shows when the genset is on and the clock is running. The display shows hours with the last (far right) digit in 1/10 hour. Therefore 35.4 would be 35 hours and 4/10ths.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #4

Don to the rescue again! Thank you!

We tried the display on the info center with the genny running and it still didn't move off of zero.

So there's no gauge or display on the genset itself, correct?

So the the digital display on the One Place panel is the only accurate gauge, correct?

And that's good advice to have it done even if we're not at 50 hours yet.

Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

If you're into changing your own oil, this one is pretty easy access and not as messy as I thought it was gonna be.
I did mine at 52Hrs () because we ran it quite a bit more than I expected at Q last year. Carol messed up her knee, so she and the dawg hung in the coach for a few days rather than walking the show.

I made up for it by doing the 150 @ 137hrs. Doesn't it work like that?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Jeff,

Law of averages applies.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

You have to set the info center from zero. Read the book and it'll tell you all about it and how to do it. It will count down to zero ande notify you by flashing. At least that's how mine works.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #8

Thanks Doug! We still have to fool with that information center a bit more. So far we haven't been able to understand how to set anything on it yet.

As far as changing oil on the genset, everything is easy to get to? How many quarts does it take?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

You're welcome. If you have TripTek it will do the same thing and it is MUCH SIMPLER to operate and program.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote