Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2002 Adventurer V-32. With gen 5500 Onan, I turn on the basement air, auto setting,,fan speed on high. I feel air coming out the vents and its not cold, feels like outside temp. On panel its says 7 amps. I turn off gen and go to shore power, turn air on automatic,,fan speed on high, after a couple of minutes the air is getting real cool and the amp meter reads 18 amps. Ive checked and reset breakers at the gen and checked the house breakers by the door. Everything checks good with the breakers. Basement air works fine on shore power,generator, it oesnt,,,Help or suggestions???
southerndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

2002 Adventurer V-32. With gen 5500 Onan, I turn on the basement air, auto setting,,fan speed on high. I feel air coming out the vents and its not cold, feels like outside temp. On panel its says 7 amps. I turn off gen and go to shore power, turn air on automatic,,fan speed on high, after a couple of minutes the air is getting real cool and the amp meter reads 18 amps. Ive checked and reset breakers at the gen and checked the house breakers by the door. Everything checks good with the breakers. Basement air works fine on shore power,generator, it oesnt,,,Help or suggestions???
Old 08-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Does your MH have an automatic switch over from shore to gen power? Some you have to plug gen into outlet in utility bay for power in the MH.

You say you checked the breakers on the Gen?
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

It has an automatic switch and I reset the breakers on gen and inside the coach.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I would try using the Microwave, Hot water heater on electric anything else you can turn on to see if the Genset is powering the coach. The compressors on the Basement Air need pressure relief bleed down time to restart. Mine I think it 2 to 5 minutes, when it's hot it feels like and eternity! LOL
If it powers up everything else, there shouldn't be a problem... Might have a Bad Genset breaker?
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I helped a friend with a very similar problem (one roof air would not work on genset) on a '99 Country Coach. It turned out that one contactor (of 8 faces) in the transfer switch was oxidized and not making connection.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Duplicate thread
http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=8076099152&f=...10941641#7611094164 1