Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Gauge Issues - 04 Winnebago Journey 34H

I put a trickle charger on the chassis battery 5 days before taking out of storage. Set to 2amp output. The coach fired right up but noticed I didn't have fuel, temp, oil pressure, or volts gauges. They were stuck at zero. The MDC functioned correctly at startup and the speedo, tach, and air pressure gauges all work. No blown fuse to my knowledge under the front fuse panel. I reviewed the Freightliner service bulletin 54-12 System III. I disconnected the spider harness from the guages and plugged them in 1 at a time trying to isolate the defective gauge but it repeated the above scenario. I then tried taking a known working gauge, speedo, and plugged it into the fuel gauge, same result no response. Looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I had a similar issue with my front air tank gauge, but mine would only last for maybe 5 to 10 minutes and then it would start working again. I did a lot of reading and discovered that there had been an issue with the multiplex cabling that runs from the panel to a gauge and then from gauge to gauge.. The wiring that was causing the issues were twisted white wires. The replacement wiring is black in color. I ordered a set from Freightliner and replaced them all, no more issues. Not saying that is what you are up against, was just what I found that fixed mine.

Tags
journey, winnebago