Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fuse panel under dash

Need a copy of fuse panel under dash, back up camera blowing fuses, which fuse and can I replace with higher fuse
Walt Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Need to know what year, make, model of RV. And generally speaking; no, you cannot replace a fuse that blows with a higher fuse, unless you want to test out your fire fighting abilities.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2002 32 winnebago brave
Old 05-11-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
Just Trying to Help

Walt-

Is your Brave built on a Ford or Workhorse chassis? Can you confirm the chassis model year from the "Unfinished Vehicle" label in the coach? It could be a 2001 or 2002 chassis.

Winnebago provides wiring diagrams for your coach at this link. The applicable one is the Automotive Wiring Diagram. For a Ford, the applicable connector is found on Sheet 1, Zone D-14, which is page 3 of the PDF document. Circuit "TR" is the backup signal that Ford sends. You trace this back to Sheet 1, Zone C-6, which is on sheet 2 of the PDF document.

Ford wiring diagrams generally are not available online without cost. I bought a DVD. I infer from the diagram that in 2002 the fuse for the backup signal is something around #34 in the Ford fuse box under the dash, to the left of the steering column. Ford provides chassis manuals at this link. The one for a 2002 F-53 chassis is here. Page 44 says the fuse is #32, a 10A fuse.

If your coach is built on a Workhorse, use Sheet 2 of the Automotive Wiring Diagram. It will tell you that the "TR" signal originates on the "D3" pin of the Convenience Center, which is the Workhorse term for under-dash fuse box. I'm kinda worn out working through the Ford stuff, so if your coach is a WH, I'll come back to assist.

I note in passing that I've only discussed the source of the backup signal, "TR." A short could be occurring on the ignition-switched 12V input, "WG." In both "TR" and "WG" cases, other devices would be affected when the fuse blows. Have you observed this?

As was said, it is poor practice to replace a fuse with one of a higher rating. The fuse protects the wires. Melted wire bundles is the least unhappy result; a fire is the most unhappy result. If a short circuit exists, causing a fuse to blow repeatedly, find that and fix it.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

My M/H is a 2002 winnebago brave 32 ft on a workhorse chassis
Old 05-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #6
Just Trying to Help

Walt Butler-

OK, here's my guess, based on the information I have. It comes from a 2004, different chassis model.

Under the dash, to the left of the steering column, there should be two Workhorse fuse panels. One is larger than the other. You want the smaller one. The Fuse number is 10. It is a 15A fuse. The fuse location is marked "TURN/BU" in the fuse block. It serves the turn signals and the park/neutral indicator, so if the fuse is blown those should not work, either.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to RVFreshman
Not sure where to post this. Hope I am in the right space.

I am having issue with my Tow Connector where it is not giving me a 12V stream. I was told to check my fuse box and have no idea where to look. Any advise would be appreciated. Winnebago Intent 31P
RVFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I suggest you check out IRV2.com (Winnieowner's sister site) and its Workhorse forum, particularly its Workhorse Important Discussions:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/work...ons-71705.html

You can also download Workhorse owners and service manuals here:

Workhorse Technical Info
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Walt Butler-

OK, here's my guess, based on the information I have. It comes from a 2004, different chassis model.

Under the dash, to the left of the steering column, there should be two Workhorse fuse panels. One is larger than the other. You want the smaller one. The Fuse number is 10. It is a 15A fuse. The fuse location is marked "TURN/BU" in the fuse block. It serves the turn signals and the park/neutral indicator, so if the fuse is blown those should not work, either.
Thanks so much for the help. I was on the road with my Toad behind my sightseer changing lanes like crazy as the nav told me to when I realized that the signal lights were not working. The user manual was no help but I did know where the fuses were. Of course they weren't marked so I was very happy to find your post that gave the number of the fuse.
Greg
gblaufuss1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fuse, panel