Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

fuse box 1999 brave

Can anyone tell me were the fuse box is on a '99 Winnie Brave ?
Said under steps but only batteries are there.
Said next to power converter but not sure what that looks like and manual doesn't state location.
First RV bought used and dude that sold is no help.
Thanks
Free
freebird1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

First some info may be needed as there are often two sets of fuses/breakers, one for the normal truck items and another set for the things we only find in RV. And that also gets into what length of Brave.
If uncertain of the model like 25F or 36 C, there should be a label somewhere near the drivers side window with the info needed.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
US1
Winnebago Camper

For the Chassis 12VDC circuits, lift the dash up. Its on a hinge.

The Coach 12VDC and 110VAC fuses and breakers are behind the front fold down cover of the convertor
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Found one set of fuses in the front engine compartment (or whatever that is called were on a car you would lift the hood to get to the engine). None were blown so not sure why we got no inside lights or anything. New house batteries. Fun fun fun.
Thanks all
Old 12-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

That point is where we need to begin to learn which circuits to expect on which system and that leads to which fuse or breaker panel. Outside and car/truck things are often in the outside panel while many of the things like inside lighting will be on a different panel and often inside. Kind of thinking what a stripped down chassis sent from Ford, etc to Winnebago might look like and those will be auto things, where the part Winnebago adds like interior will often be another place! On some Brave it is inside and near/under the frig! But then it is always true that there are exceptions so expect the unexpected?
One easy thing to miss if not expected is the battery cutoff switch which will kill lots of the RV inside things like lights, water pump, etc.
Is that something you have located?
Old 12-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Richard,
No not yet. I went to the links you sent but somewhat overwhelming all the info.
Were should I start to look for this ?
We have a mobile tech that has been recommended coming next week but like to get some info on whats going on.
Thanks Sir
Old 12-10-2020, 04:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Yes, easy to get boggled if new to too many things at once!
So we need to take it in slow and figure one idea at a time.
Did you get a manual and a bag full of paperwork with the RV? If not this is the 99 Brave manual and will help locate lots of things but they are sometimes just lacking when it gets to details and that is when asking works!
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...99/99Brave.pdf
Section 6 may tell you lots about the electrical but lots of other small points to read over will keep you from getting in too much big trouble!
Two big ones to know right away are switches on the top left side of the dash on many of that year brave. One place to check is on page 2-9 as it shows where the two important switches are. Item 2 is a switch to let you tie both battery strings together to get a jump start if the start battery is weak. Hold it in and use both batteries to start while cranking the engine!
Next switch down may help get a lot of stuff working as it is a switch used to turn most of the Rv inside stuff OFF while the RV is stored and that would kill all the lights, water pump, etc. Big one to check ! Keep it on unless you want to store and it helps take a lot of the load off the house battery.
Personal choice but I might wait on calling the repair guy until you get a bit better idea of what works and what might/might not needed fixed. You might save a lot of repair time if you can tell him where things are located like fuses and how they should work. Not all RV are the same and letting him sweat over finding the basic stuff may burn up a lot of money that folks on the forum can help you find.
See if getting that switch turned on clears some things?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99 brave.jpg
Views:	1633
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	176203  
Old 12-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Well seems that its not a 99 but a 98 so not sure how much difference between the two there is or will be but guess I will have to go and redownload all the pdf's and specs. Guy sold it as a 99. Title says 98 and the info plaque says built 08/97 and chasis built 06/97.
oy vey. My head hurts and my rear end too.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The instrument panel diagram from Richard looks very much like that in my 2001 Brave 26P. You will find the automotive-related fuses, such as the radio, under the speedometer. Just tilt the instrument panel up and back toward the windshield and support it with a stick of wood. The Aux Start switch (#2) momentarily connects the house and engine batteries if your engine battery is too low to crank the engine. The Aux Battery switch (#12) does nothing but provide 12 volts to the radio when the engine is turned off. The "Salesman Switch" that controls the house battery features, such as lights, water pump, and LP fume sensor, is located at the top of the entry steps, on the left as you enter, near the floor. Circuit breakers for the 120 volt features (outlets, refrigerator, etc.) and fuses for 12 volt features (lights, water pump, etc.) are on the front of the 120 volt to 12 volt converter-charger you will find below the refrigerator.

It is not unusual to have different manufacturing dates on the motorhome and the chassis. The chassis for my 2001 Brave was built in 2000. Keep this important difference in mind when you hunt for parts for your chassis.
NormD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Yes, I see the difference and it is beginning to fit a pattern of how much the drawings seem to be meant to confuse us. They tend to not only change the part names but as I look more at what they do give us, I'm finding more and more items which are not correct.

The drawing for the 98 Brave is one example where what they tell us is not what they actually show done!

In the wiring ID chart, wire "B" goes to a power seat, so we could ignore that if we did not have a power passenger seat.

But when I look at the drawing and find wire "B" it looks much different, as it shows an 8 gauge wire and that is often a pretty big, important item. Looking closer, what it shows is that Wire "B" actually feeds through a 40 amp and feeds power to a total 12 volt fuse panel!

That's not a small matter to ignore when we are chasing trouble!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	power seat.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	176266   Click image for larger version

Name:	wire B.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	176267  

Old 12-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Which on my 2000 Brave 33 is below the stove
biggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:59 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Question Trailer Light Fuses

2007 WinnabegoAspec. Where are the fuses for trailer lights located.
MichaelJR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Rv electronics are semi-sorted into several groups. The things that are on the normal car/truck are often in a different area like under the hood as thay are put on as the stripped chassis is built by that group. And then the RV boxes are often inside or in parts that are added by Winnebago on top of the stripped chasiss they bought!
Trailer, tail turn signals, etc are more often found in one of the boxes under the hood!
You may find a bit of info on which fuse inside the lid??
Also there may be an owners manual for the chassis in the big bag of RV info that helps find the chassis fuses?

Tags
brave, fuse