Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Fuse 23T Onan LP GenSet throws code 36

Good morning,

I did a search on this but found little that made sense.

The generator is a 2500 watt LP unit. It was working great until this winter when we took a trip. It was raining heavy and we hit 3 spots on the road with standing water. Not sure this has anything to do with the issue, but figured I'd throw this out since the issue happened after it. The next day when we tried to start the genset it would try to start and die or eventually start and run rough like it would die and then start running fine.

I assumed we might have gotten some water someplace we shouldn't have and figured it might dry out. We got home and parked it for 3 months. Now it will not start at all. It throws a code 36. I am fairly sure this is a fuel issue since I was able to hit it with some starting fluid and it starts right up and runs for 10 seconds before slowing down and dying.

I heard that low LP could be an issue, we have just over a 1/4 tank. So maybe that is the issue (getting propane here is a real pain so I have not went and filled it up just yet).

Or maybe the regulator is bad? I read that, but not sure if it is the regulator near the LP tank or the one inside the GenSet.

I am hoping someone has some good advice as the Cummins Onan dealer are crooks around here. Absolutely the most crooked group I have ever used and would like to stay away from them if possible.

Thanks in advance.
xpartmrg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, onan