Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Front entrance door STEP switch

Here's one for ya !
For some reason....when I am driving, the electric door step is in and stowed, the way it should be. IF I turn on the generator, the STEP goes out and will stay out. IF I shut off the generator the step goes back in. I put a new door connector on. The magnetic side attached to the lower corner of the screen door. The other piece has two wire connected to it, mounted in door frame to contact the other. NO MATTER which way I wire the 2 wires, the following happens. Step is OUT. Close door, the step stays. Open the door, step goes in. Switch wires, the same happens. Any ideas on the gen/step problem OR the step reversing it's open and closed positions? Thank you.
Indy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

door switch ideas

I'm not an engineer but here are some ideas.
1. Can you confirm the new switch is a normally open type (N/O)?
2. One lead should go to ground. The other to 16 Ga brown wire going to a 4 way connector.
3. See the Kwikee manual (I have #880) which shows ways to troubleshoot.
Good luck. (I'm trying to figure out what a second door switch does so I've been reading the manual).
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, switch