Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a bad noise in the tv area and I believe it's a strap problem. I have looked over this form about the front TV but still can't see how to get the TV covers off. I have removed the caps and screws on the plastic but the front wood part has to be remover also and need help this. I don't see any screws in the sides. I do have surround sound and a speaker in the top middle of the wood part. I haven't removed that yet. Any help with this problem?

Winnebago Adverturer 2004 35U Cypress Green Metallic
Dick N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a bad noise in the tv area and I believe it's a strap problem. I have looked over this form about the front TV but still can't see how to get the TV covers off. I have removed the caps and screws on the plastic but the front wood part has to be remover also and need help this. I don't see any screws in the sides. I do have surround sound and a speaker in the top middle of the wood part. I haven't removed that yet. Any help with this problem?

Old 08-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Dick, I don't know about your coach, but here is how I got mine off:

Before trying to remove the cover (assuming you have a speaker just above the TV in the wood trim) you need to pop off the speaker cover and remove the speaker, unplugging it from the wires after you pull out the speaker.

Next pop off the screw covers around the lower cover, remove the screws and remove the lower cover and wood trim as one unit. With the cover off you can check the tightness of the strap bolts on the TV and maybe put some lock nuts on them to avoid future looseness. Also I put some foam around some of the wires to insure they didn't rattle.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Dick, sorry I forgot the most important part. There were two screws on each side of the wood trim, inside the compartments, just inside the top hinged door. They are small screws and it's dark in there so you will have to search for them.

Robert
Old 08-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I was wondering the same thing. After our recent 1600 mile trip we developed the same symptoms Dick is describing. Occurs when driving over any surface that causes a quick up/down motion (e.g. expansion strips, railrod tracks, bad pavement repair, etc.). It's really bad if we get into an oscillation cycle.

Thanks Robert for the procedure as was wondering how to get into this front TV setup. And I'd rather do this myself than give up the coach for another week to a dealer, warranty or not.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Robert I guess I have looked in the wrong place for those 2 screws. It looks like you need 2 people to remove this when all the screws are out. I'll tackle this next week and let you know how it came out. Dick

Old 08-14-2005, 01:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Dick,

It's a one man job. Open the cabinets on either side of the TV. The screws go through the cabinet front wood trim and into the TV wood trim. As least on mine, the TV trim fit snugly enough between the cabinets that it still took a little tug to pull it out, even after the screws were removed. It's not very heavy at all. You can wait and unplug the speaker after you pull the front away from the TV, if you want.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Finally got the TV rattle fixed. The TV strap was loose on one side. There was some type of glue on the straps just were the straps go over the side of the TV. I guess it was to keep the strap in place but the rattle was in the center of the TV where the straps hits. Installed some foam over this area and tighten the bolts. TV feels tight now. Thanks for the help.