Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Forza Batteries

Six weeks ago I decided to replace our four-year old coach batteries in our 2015 Winnebago Forza.

I went from four batteries to five.

Besides the extra battery you need a hold-down, a negative cable and a positive cable.
Someone else said you could pick up the cables at any parts store. Well, that's not gonna happen.

To add another battery to my Forza needed battery cables 9 inches long, 3/0 gauge. I never found any available "off the shelf" for even close to a reasonable price. I settled for 12 inches long and 4/0 gauge at $35 for the pair.

Remember that 4/0 is heavier than 3/0 and that 4 gauge is tiny by comparison.
calendarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I would suggest having a "load test" done on your batteries before replacing them because that test shows exactly the condition the batteries are in and will give you a print out showing how good they are at holding a charge. I just replaced two chassis batteries in a Forza covered by warranty because it was in the time frame and was needed since the test proved their condition.
Scott.CWguy is offline   Reply With Quote