Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I found these on eBay this morning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	153366  
Forzatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I think the video problem may be related to how it is loaded. When it works for me, it starts with an advertisement. When it doesn't work, the ad isn't loading.

I got my lights this afternoon in the mail. They look just the same!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

For those who are going to attempt putting these lights in good luck .I hope the installation goes well and maybe to those who are thinking about doing this on their Winnebago Forza
Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I did the install yesterday. It took me about 3 hours, of which one hour was measuring, measuring, measuring, to get them positioned. There really isn't a perfect datum to use to get them positioned, so just be careful and measure twice and cut once. I also recommend making two templates so that you can visualize what they will look like on the MH and then use lots of painters tape to protect the paint. I drilled two holes first in the opposite corners of each installation rectangle for the fog lights to insert the jig saw blade. I used a thin metal blade to cut the fiberglass. It is messy. I tested each light for location and drilled pilot holes for the mounting screws using the actual fog light in place. I coated the back part of the fog light that sits against the MH body with silicon chalk.

As noted, the left and right wiring harnesses are zip tied to the cross beams of the chassis. They were labeled. I cut off the Connectors (see great pictures in earlier post) and soldered the wiring together, but replacement Connectors are an option. I then used heat shrink tubing and additional electrical tape to insulate. There should be enough length in the wiring that stress should be OK, but the driver's side wiring was shorter than the passenger's side. The lights work as advertised by pushing in on the headlight switch with the motor in the "on" position. A little Fog light indicator even appears on the dash when they are on. I have't tried them yet at night, but they are sure bright during the day.

This should be a great modification for anyone who drives at night and might run into fog.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your install, hope they serve you well. Pics please.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

My lights look just like the other picture, but here is a picture with just headlights and a second one with the fog lights on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	154285   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	154286  

Gormleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:59 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Looks pretty good .are we the only two that made this modification anybody else Thinking about it ? This is on the Forza 38R 36M 34T
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for a most informative post. This is definitely on my "bucket list'.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzatm View Post
Looks pretty good .are we the only two that made this modification anybody else Thinking about it ? This is on the Forza 38R 36M 34T
I'm seriously thinking about it, but first, I'm just trying to get time to adjust the headlights. Mine were so far out of adjustment to the right and down, I couldn't see when I got onto a road with no streetlamps. I played with them at night through WV, but they aren't perfect yet. Once I get them set, I will work on this mod, as it is on the BIG list.

So my headlight rocker switch will activate the power to the two wires on my 36G?
GTobey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights